WoW Is this game really worth it?

Discussion in 'Gaming Archive' started by Doeboy1337, Nov 22, 2008 with 23 replies and 1,184 views.

1. Doeboy1337

Doeboy1337 Member

Ratings:
    I've always wandered what this game is like and if I should really start playing it. From what I hear it's really addicting to some people and I really don't wanna become a WoW Addict. (lol i'm so funny). But like do you guys think I should get it? Also Runescape private servers got really old about 3 yrs ago.

2. TorMenT

TorMenT VIP VIP

Ratings:
    As a person who has never played wow, I would say it's not worth it. All my friends who play though would disagree. They all played once and got addicted immediately and now play it too much in my opinion. If you're looking for something that will consume a lot of your time, then yes it's worth it most likely. If you don't want to get really addicted to a game, it's not worth it.

3. waffle11

waffle11 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I have played it a little bit, but never really got into it. I can see how it could be extremely fun and addicting but I just didnt have the time needed to fully enjoy the game.

4. E R I K 527

E R I K 527 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I have several friends who are currently paying the $15 monthly fee and have been for at least 2 years now. I personally have tried it because my friends gave me a gift card for it. I never got addicted like a vast majority of players do.

If you want to try you can receive a free 10 day trial from here:
    [Click here to view the link]

If you want to learn about playing on private servers for free then PM me and I will guide you through it.

5. OP
    Doeboy1337

Doeboy1337 Member

Ratings:
    I already read how to play the private server. thanks though. Is there anyway to download the full game from a torrent that would work or no.

6. I Doughboy

I Doughboy Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Take it from me, an avid WoW addict, don't start playing unless your willing to give this game your time. All I did last summer was sleep, eat, work, and play WoW... It is unbelievably addictive. It is extremely fun to play, but don't start playing unless you know you have the time to play it. It WILL cut into your life. After saying that, I highly recomend the game. I suggest you go with E R I K 527's suggestion and do a 10 day free trial. If you like the game think about what I said about it. If you don't like the game forget about it.

7. Raven

Raven Undercover Brother

Ratings:
    You don't have to get addicted.
    I play it a lot lately, but that's only because I don't have **** to do around here.

You have to put in effort if you want to be high leveled, but the games not going anywhere, so it'll probably be easy to level up within a year or so for a very casual gamer.

I got 37 in two days played time, and from what I've heard, that's slow for the majority of hardcore players.

You just have to fight through the boring parts and it gets better.

All the good stuff is endgame.

8. OP
    Doeboy1337

Doeboy1337 Member

Ratings:
    what i've learned from most of these games is that it's bad to do what you dont like to do lol

9. Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
    If you're looking for a fun *** game, get it. If you're not looking for a game that gets you addicted and can't stop playing, don't get it. Runscape = gay. WoW = Addictive/Fun as hell

10. OP
    Doeboy1337

Doeboy1337 Member

Ratings:
    lol i just started it and it seems pretty tight but i have no idea what the hell i'm doing. I cant even figure out how to talk:?

11. Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
  12. OP
    Doeboy1337

Doeboy1337 Member

Ratings:
    can anyone like show me what to do on the game if i tell them what world place thing i'm on? im confused but it seems pretty fun

13. I Doughboy

I Doughboy Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Just experiment with the game... Or you can always read the manual. :thumbup:

14. MoRa

MoRa Banned

Ratings:
    If you are a person who is really into MMO's or RPG's than this is a a good game to get, I myself played the 10-day trial and was hooked instantly.

15. OP
    Doeboy1337

Doeboy1337 Member

Ratings:
  16. MoRa

MoRa Banned

Ratings:
    Massively Multiplayer Online game.

17. OP
    Doeboy1337

Doeboy1337 Member

Ratings:
    yea i cant figure out wat the hell to do. at all

18. Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
    Kill things to get higher levels. If you see a guy/girl with a "!" Above their name talk to them to level up faster. Don't forget to go to your class trainer to get your new skills. You get new skills at every even number level. If the animal/creature you click, the level is yellow, then you have a chance to kill it. If its green, then its too easy, move on. If its gray, you wont even get any exp its so easy. If its orange, then its a little bit more than you can handle. If its red, then chances are you wont win. If its a skull, damn your gonna get owned.

19. Godly Chaos

Godly Chaos Getting There

Ratings:
  20. Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
    ^ Wow you're the only one in this thread that said that..