Solved Is this an eBay scam?

T

TiNd3r

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Hey long time,

I've sold a Playstation 4 on eBay today. Paypal or cash on collection.

The buyers friend is gong to pick it up. Well only until payment is cleared on paypal through ebay right?
The buyer has asked for my paypal, I haven't gave it to him as obviously you pay through the ebay link so you're protected (i think?).

Anyway the buyer text me saying he can't send the payment through paypal, so he 'called' paypal and they said try sending it direct...

Now it's been a long time since I've sold on eBay but i'm sure you wont be protected if I go through this way? I've heard of something called charge backs or whatever...

I'm sceptical even though this buyer has 20 feedback on eBay and has been a member since 2005 it's something I'd like you guys to give an opinion on.

Thanks

L

Lea

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
All ways do the payment through ebay because you are protected. This do sound a bit fishy just be safe. Best bet is cash on collection.

T

TiNd3r

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
All ways do the payment through ebay because you are protected. This do sound a bit fishy just be safe. Best bet is cash on collection.

Yep I agree, thanks.

B

brinko123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey long time,

I've sold a Playstation 4 on eBay today. Paypal or cash on collection.

The buyers friend is gong to pick it up. Well only until payment is cleared on paypal through ebay right?
The buyer has asked for my paypal, I haven't gave it to him as obviously you pay through the ebay link so you're protected (i think?).

Anyway the buyer text me saying he can't send the payment through paypal, so he 'called' paypal and they said try sending it direct...

Now it's been a long time since I've sold on eBay but i'm sure you wont be protected if I go through this way? I've heard of something called charge backs or whatever...

I'm sceptical even though this buyer has 20 feedback on eBay and has been a member since 2005 it's something I'd like you guys to give an opinion on.

Thanks
Do not let him play through paypal or direct to you and pick it up, there's a chance he will reverse it and say he's not got it.. and there's no proof you gave it to him..
If there collecting it they bring the cash with them or no sale...

M

Mr Yuck

The most Awesome Noob...
Reaction score
I would say that if he can't pay for it the prefered way then he doesn't want it that bad.

F

Fuzz

☑ rekt    ☐ not rekt
Reaction score
If his friend picks it up he can tell PayPal that he didn't receive it, and get a free console... If he will only pick it up, take cash on collection... If he sends through PayPal, post the console.

X

Strolling

Xbox Master Race
Reaction score
Sounds fishy bro...

C

Chris 7s

Ford Apprentice
Reaction score
He could tell his credit card company the charge wasn't authorized by him, and that will result in a chargeback. Then you're basically screwed.

Top Bottom