• Thread starter Soviet France
  • Start date
  • Views 434
Soviet France

Soviet France

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Upon my next tax return, I plan on building a gaming PC.
I was wondering if this was a good plan, I don't want to order all these parts only to find they don't work with each other.
Could someone make suggestions on my parts? It'd be appreciated.

Motherboard - $94.79 (ASUS M5A97 R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard)

16GB DDR3 RAM - $150 (Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz)

Video Card - $200 (Gigabyte R9 270X GDDR5-2GB 2xDVI/HDMI/DP OC Graphics Card (GV-R927XOC-2GD))

4TB HDD - $149 (Western Digital 4 TB WD Green SATA III 5400 RPM 64 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive WD40EZRX)

Power Supply - $50 (Corsair CX Series 430 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Bronze ATX12V/EPS12V 384 Power Supply CX430M)

Blu-Ray/DVD Drive - $62.02 (Asus Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-Ray Drive (BC-12B1ST))

AMD 4GHz Proccessor - $140.27 (AMD AD679KWOHLBOX A10-6790K Quad-Core APU Processor 4.0GHz Socket FM2)

CPU Fan - $17 (ARCTIC Alpine 64 Pro Rev. 2 CPU Cooler - AMD, Supports Multiple Sockets 92mm PWM Fan at 23dBA)

System Fan - $8 (Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 - Sleeve Bearing 120mm Blue LED Silent Fan for Computer Cases, CPU Coolers, and Radiators)

SATA Cables - $6 EACH (StarTech.com 36-Inch SATA to Right Angle SATA Serial ATA Cable (SATA36RA1))

I'd like to know if I'm missing something, or if these wouldn't work together.

Soviet France

Soviet France

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I already have my parts picked out.
I was only wondering if what I had selected will work well together and if I could do a bit better.
The main thing I want to do is run PCSX2 flawlessely at max NTSC FPS.
While also giving me more options with games on Steam.

G

God

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I already have my parts picked out.
I was only wondering if what I had selected will work well together and if I could do a bit better.
The main thing I want to do is run PCSX2 flawlessely at max NTSC FPS.
While also giving me more options with games on Steam.
In all honesty your parts are not suitable for your budget. Go big or go home.
Besides that motherboard is not compatible with that cpu. And that psu is very weak.

Soviet France

Soviet France

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Mmm.
Sorry for my ignorance, but could please summarize how to build a good gaming rig? I may be able to stretch a little further with my budget, but I'm unsure.

Like...
Which parts are good for what other parts?
Et cetera.

I'm also ordering everything from Amazon, and my budget matches the parts I've found.

G

God

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Mmm.
Sorry for my ignorance, but could please summarize how to build a good gaming rig? I may be able to stretch a little further with my budget, but I'm unsure.

Like...
Which parts are good for what other parts?
Et cetera.

I'm also ordering everything from Amazon, and my budget matches the parts I've found.
You can order all the parts I listed from amazon.
As for parts for starters that FM2+ socket cpu you picked out will not fit into that AM3+ motherboard. I suggest dropping the mobo and cpu entirely and going for the superior choice which would be an intel cpu and a LGA chipset motherboard, But if you really want to keep that motherboard then go for an AMD FX-9370 cpu which is compatible since it's an AM3+ socket.

Last edited:
Soviet France

Soviet France

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Seeing how I'm not too computer saavy, I'm gonna take your advice.
I really want the Mobo because of the tower I got picked out.
I'll look on Amazon for the AMD FX-9370.

Also, does the GPU have anything to do with the motherboard or is it a simple plug 'n' play, sort thing?

G

God

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Seeing how I'm not too computer saavy, I'm gonna take your advice.
I really want the Mobo because of the tower I got picked out.
I'll look on Amazon for the AMD FX-9370.

Also, does the GPU have anything to do with the motherboard or is it a simple plug 'n' play, sort thing?
GPU would be plug n play. I suggest you go with the one I picked out though as it's superior to the one you chose and will max out pretty much anything.
If you can't find the 9370 the 8350 or 8320 will suffice.

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Video Connoisseur CotM Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Top Bottom
Login
Register