• Start date
  • Views 308
Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Bug Finder Services
Reaction score
Is the GPU amd radeon HD 6850 is good? Do you know any other GPU that are better for lower price or same price?

http://community.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/AMD+Radeon+HD+6850/review

Code:
Technical Details

Chipset: Radeon HD6850; Engine Clock: 775 MHz; Video Memory: 1GB DDR5
    Memory Clock: 1000 MHz (4.0 Gbps); Memory Interface: 256-bit; Bus: PCI-Express 2.1 x16
    RAMDAC: 400 MHz; Stream Processors: 960; Max. Resolution: 2560 x 1600
    Connectors: Dual DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort; Thermal: Fansink
    Support Microsoft Windows 7/ Vista/ XP; Support ATI CrossFireX Technology; Support ATI Stream Technology; Support ATI Eyefinity Technology; Support ATI PowerPlay Technology;

and would it work with this MotherBoard?
http://www.amazon.ca/Asus-US-M5A97-...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1336344145&sr=1-1

Ill +rep for help

InfectHead

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
End of the Year 2012 MotM Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Yeah, the motherboard will work with the card. As for the card itself, it's great for mid-level gaming and has a nice price. :smile:

Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
Yeah, the motherboard will work with the card. As for the card itself, it's great for mid-level gaming and has a nice price. :smile:
well if i add 70$, i could get the GeForce GTX 480, witch is DAMN GOOD

I

IRageQuitHard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well if i add 70$, i could get the GeForce GTX 480, witch is DAMN GOOD
Just keep in mind that you may have some issues if you're planning to SLI, since this card gets hot based on my research on this card.

Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
Just keep in mind that you may have some issues if you're planning to SLI, since this card gets hot based on my research on this card.
From what i readed, to do SLI you need 2+ card? Well the only thing ill change on my computer will be do a little bit of overclocking with my CPU, nothing more!

InfectHead

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
End of the Year 2012 MotM Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
From what i readed, to do SLI you need 2+ card? Well the only thing ill change on my computer will be do a little bit of overclocking with my CPU, nothing more!

Just a word of warning though, if you do plan on getting that motherboard and the GTX 480, you won't be able to SLI as the motherboard only supports CrossfireX. And yes, SLI (NVIDIA) and CrossfireX (AMD) can hold up to 4 cards.

Top Bottom
Login
Register