What's new

Discussion is this a good build any suggestions on what graphics card i should get

• Thread starter fatherofdeathxo
  • Start date
  • Views 1,292
Mysterion

Mysterion

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
well do I need it? I only got one graphics card and don't plan on getting more if I do need it ill return the board and get one with it .what is dual x16 pcie ?

lol

halopro77

halopro77

The Wombologist
Platinum Record Frame In Gold Bright Idea
Reaction score
Sin$
what motherboard should I get since that one doesn't have dual x16 pci express

Well you said your only getting 1 gpu so you don't have to worry about it. Anyways the difference between 2 cards running at x16 vs two cards running at x8 is minimal, only sacrificing like 5 fps at most, as long as you use the corssfire bridge. That being said, you can just use the one everyone else recommended to you. A board with 2 x16 pcie slots are for hardcore enthusiasts you can wipe there *** with $20's. They're not worth it.

InfectHead

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
End of the Year 2012 MotM Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Well you said your only getting 1 gpu so you don't have to worry about it. Anyways the difference between 2 cards running at x16 vs two cards running at x8 is minimal, only sacrificing like 5 fps at most, as long as you use the corssfire bridge. That being said, you can just use the one everyone else recommended to you. A board with 2 x16 pcie slots are for hardcore enthusiasts you can wipe there *** with $20's. They're not worth it.

Erm, there is absolutely no difference between PCI-E 3.0 x8 and x16 so OP can run two graphics cards perfectly fine on that motherboard.

fatherofdeathxo

fatherofdeathxo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Erm, there is absolutely no difference between PCI-E 3.0 x8 and x16 so OP can run two graphics cards perfectly fine on that motherboard.
awesome that's what I wanted to hear made my day it arrived today the weird thing is something from California made it here faster then something from someplace near where I live...

anyways I got all the parts and did a test fire it works when I have the hdmi cable plugged in to the motherboard but nothing shows on the screen when I plug the hdmi cable in the graphics card

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register