Discussion Is this a decent set up?

• Thread starter hairy ducks
  • Start date
  • Views 164
H

hairy ducks

Contributor
Reaction score
It's more of a project then a massive gaming machine, i'll use it for some gaming obviously but not intensively.
I5 3570K - Z77 Extreme4 - Corsair modular 650W Psu.
I'll also be adding either a HD7850 or Hd7870 a couple of weeks later once I have the rest of my cash.

It's my first build so I'm a bit rusty on what's good and what's not so good.

I

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
Reaction score
You can change the CPU to a Haswell processor + Z87 motherboard, which will offer some nice improvements over Ivy Bridge (and if you're not overclocking, you can go with an i5-4570 which is cheaper than a 3570K).

H

hairy ducks

Contributor
Reaction score
You can change the CPU to a Haswell processor + Z87 motherboard, which will offer some nice improvements over Ivy Bridge (and if you're not overclocking, you can go with an i5-4570 which is cheaper than a 3570K).

Haswell? That's new to me. I've already bought the Extreme4 Z77 so I don't think I can buy a 'Haswell' processor.
I don't NEED to overclock but I like to fiddle and experiment with things like that.

H

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
Haswell? That's new to me. I've already bought the Extreme4 Z77 so I don't think I can buy a 'Haswell' processor.
I don't NEED to overclock but I like to fiddle and experiment with things like that.
Ah :/ Well since you already have your mobo you can't get haswell CPU(newest gen of intel CPU) and yeah your build look fine :smile:

I

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
Reaction score

Ah K, then yeah stick with the 3570K.

Top Bottom