Is this a decent pc for the price?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware & Builds' started by tactr, Feb 5, 2010 with 7 replies and 208 views.

1. tactr

tactr Enthusiast

Ratings:
    eMachines Official Site - Desktop - ET1331G-03w Product Details

I know it's an emachines, and I have really hated them in the past. Just wondering what I could/couldn't do on this PC. I've pretty much realized that to do anything, I'd have to upgrade the graphics (not sure how easy that'd be with the integrated card...)

Any ideas? The wife wants a desktop replacement for my laptop (I want a monitor to game on) and if I'm going to buy a new desktop I may want to play a few games on it as well.

thanks.

2. Madman340

Madman340 Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Is building it yourself an option? If so I'd go that route. If not, that doesn't look like a bad PC but if you intend on gaming would definitely need a card. Before you get it and get a card though, make sure you have an open PCI-E slot on whatever motherboard. I didn't see a link for hardware used in there though, so you may need to contact support or something.

3. Prizes

Prizes Enthusiast

Ratings:
    not to bad for the price you would have to upgrade the graphics card But it has a good size hard drive and the "integrated card" isn't even a card it is just a integrated chip on your mobo So you should ask how many slots the mobo has before buying it.

4. OP
    tactr

tactr Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I emailed them about open slots on the Mobo and about the size of the PSU.

5. HeartBrokenMan

HeartBrokenMan Newbie

Ratings:
    Looks good but id read up on the graphics card slots...
    I didn't do my research and got stuck with onboard graphics and a Dell pc.
    Sold it to my brother for half of the price I paid for it and made my own build.:thumbup:

6. Madman340

Ratings:
    Get a response yet?

7. OP
    tactr

tactr Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah, the indian guy who typed broken english told me to see the computer spec page that doesn't tell me anything about open slots on the mobo.

support fail.

8. Madman340

Ratings: