Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

I'm not dead, Just deployed
Super Moderators
Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So this is a list of parts I have been looking at and building upon.

Here is my list

Harmonic

Harmonic

Work Hard, Dream Big
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, although I would not buy the parts from there.
e.g. a 500Gb SSD on eBay is $80, as opposed to $150.

Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
Nearly 2k and only a 1070?
You can do better than that brother. :thumbsup:

Connor

Connor

Hi :3
Retired
Grammar Nazi Stickied FotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Nearly 2k and only a 1070?
You can do better than that brother. :thumbsup:
You not even gonna mention those junk monitors?

Almost $2,000 with those.

Why even bother with all the performance if you're getting a 60hz 1080p monitor!

This is the equivalent of buying a brand new sports car that has the capability of driving upwards of 200 MPH and you only drive 60, haha.

Step up your game Risking Perfect Risking Perfect !

Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
You not even gonna mention those junk monitors?

Almost $2,000 with those.

Why even bother with all the performance if you're getting a 60hz 1080p monitor!

This is the equivalent of buying a brand new sports car that has the capability of driving upwards of 200 MPH and you only drive 60, haha.

Step up your game Risking Perfect Risking Perfect !

Hey yall, I'm currently working with 2 Dell monitors from when I was like 5 and 10 (turned 20 today) so anything looks better than that to me.

Z

Zerker24

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Also, you don't need to spend all that money on windows lol. All you really deal with is a watermark and that doesn't really matter.

Or, if you REALLY want it gone, you can find windows pro keys for like $15.

**Cough**

theroach

theroach

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, although I would not buy the parts from there.
e.g. a 500Gb SSD on eBay is $80, as opposed to $150.

No.

So this is a list of parts I have been looking at and building upon.

Here is my list

Couple issues.

No need for a Z390 board on the 8700K. Get the Z370 and save like 80$. There are benefits with the Z390 chipset, but nothing the Gigabyte Z370 Ultra Gaming WIFI cant do with the 8700K, especially on AIR. On that note, the 8700K is a warm processor. That crap Cooler Master will not handle much of an overclock, if any, period. I have tried that exact cooler on my 8086K and its a POS. It was a great cooler a few years back when quad cores were popular, but the extra cores and heat from the 8700K will not like that cooler.

Why 3 HDD's? The 970 EVO is great, but over priced honestly. I use it, so I cant say its bad, but 1TB NVME drives can be had for 150$

The 1070TI is completely over priced and cannot stand up next to the 2070, and the 2070 is cheaper.

The EVGA power supply is great, and that SuperNova is gold certified, but expensive. The better option is the G1 850W, you will be much better off. The 8700K loves power when overclocking, and I know with personal experience that if you plan to overclock the GPU and CPU, 850W probably wont be enough either. I had to upgrade my SuperNova 850 to a 1300W when overclocking my 8086K and 1080 TI. I was on a custom water setup, but I easily hit the 850W mark and had to upgrade. You wont need to worry about getting even close with that Hyper 212 cooler though lol....

Those monitors suck and you can download windows from Microsoft for free or buy a 10$ key almost anywhere.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HdRHMZ

Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
No.

Couple issues.

No need for a Z390 board on the 8700K. Get the Z370 and save like 80$. There are benefits with the Z390 chipset, but nothing the Gigabyte Z370 Ultra Gaming WIFI cant do with the 8700K, especially on AIR. On that note, the 8700K is a warm processor. That crap Cooler Master will not handle much of an overclock, if any, period. I have tried that exact cooler on my 8086K and its a POS. It was a great cooler a few years back when quad cores were popular, but the extra cores and heat from the 8700K will not like that cooler.

Why 3 HDD's? The 970 EVO is great, but over priced honestly. I use it, so I cant say its bad, but 1TB NVME drives can be had for 150$

The 1070TI is completely over priced and cannot stand up next to the 2070, and the 2070 is cheaper.

The EVGA power supply is great, and that SuperNova is gold certified, but expensive. The better option is the G1 850W, you will be much better off. The 8700K loves power when overclocking, and I know with personal experience that if you plan to overclock the GPU and CPU, 850W probably wont be enough either. I had to upgrade my SuperNova 850 to a 1300W when overclocking my 8086K and 1080 TI. I was on a custom water setup, but I easily hit the 850W mark and had to upgrade. You wont need to worry about getting even close with that Hyper 212 cooler though lol....

Those monitors suck and you can download windows from Microsoft for free or buy a 10$ key almost anywhere.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HdRHMZ

So get a different cooler? The case that I already have (was a gift from Christmas) is a Rosewell Cullian RGB. It has 4 fans in it already if that matters at all. Also the 3 HDD are just a personal thing. The ssd was for operating system and major programs (Antivirus, vpn, anything I want to run at all times), 500 was for lesser or non-important programs and files. And I usually save anything bigger than 10 GB to my 1 TB drives.

Last edited:
theroach

theroach

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
So get a different cooler? The case that I already have (was a gift from Christmas) is a Rosewell Cullian RGB. It has 4 fans in it already if that matters at all.

A good flowing case matters, but it will not help that CPU cooler enough to matter. You need to look into a good cooler or an AIO. For a good one you are looking around the 100$ range.

Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
A good flowing case matters, but it will not help that CPU cooler enough to matter. You need to look into a good cooler or an AIO. For a good one you are looking around the 100$ range.

Any suggestions on coolers, honestly not very trusting of water coolers because of major temperature variations where I live (-50 F outside/25 inside to 90 F outside/100+ inside).

theroach

theroach

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

Super Moderators
Solutions