What's new

Tutorial is there anyway to speed up peek and poke physical memory dumps.

• Thread starter leele2
  • Start date
  • Views 4,216
leele2

leele2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hey everyone, title says it all really, it takes me like 10 mins just to do one dump of my physical memory on peek and poke, does anyone know a faster way to do the dump or maybe only dump a smaller section that still contains all the relevant offsets for cash, iridium etc..
atm im using a direct ethernet from my laptop to my xbox.
thanks lee

griffin89

griffin89

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hey everyone, title says it all really, it takes me like 10 mins just to do one dump of my physical memory on peek and poke, does anyone know a faster way to do the dump or maybe only dump a smaller section that still contains all the relevant offsets for cash, iridium etc..
atm im using a direct ethernet from my laptop to my xbox.
thanks lee
consider urself lucky

my xenon jtag takes like 30-45 mins =p

leele2

leele2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
awhh damnnn :l haha i was thinking of doing like free modding services but dumps just take too long!

Kuuuush

Kuuuush

Reaction score
Sin$
Do you think you could make a post with a tut and the files needed to change offsets with your JTAG/RGH I have an RGH slim and I want to learn how

griffin89

griffin89

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
wth -__-

freeboot image?

idk y mine takes so long, im upgrading to a slim rgh anyways

griffin89

griffin89

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can someone please make a tut?
seriously? use the search or look around

there's 2 different tutorials, one by Team S12 for money,eridium and skillpoints and one by me for xp and bad*** tokens

Kuuuush

Kuuuush

Reaction score
Sin$
seriously? use the search or look around

there's 2 different tutorials, one by Team S12 for money,eridium and skillpoints and one by me for xp and bad*** tokens

Thankyou I went to your profile and found the post thank you again

Codster333

Codster333

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Here's an actual answer to your question... Yes there is, you can open the Dump in Art money WHILE it is still dumping everytime you search you'll be searching with the current amount of data dumped and this will not affect your dump, so for me 30 seconds in I'll search and if what im looking for is not there then I'll wait another 30 seconds or a minute or whatever and then search again, I NEVER wait for the full dump anymore unless i have to, hope this helps

leele2

leele2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Here's an actual answer to your question... Yes there is, you can open the Dump in Art money WHILE it is still dumping everytime you search you'll be searching with the current amount of data dumped and this will not affect your dump, so for me 30 seconds in I'll search and if what im looking for is not there then I'll wait another 30 seconds or a minute or whatever and then search again, I NEVER wait for the full dump anymore unless i have to, hope this helps

awh didnt even think of that, thanks for sharing!

griffin89

griffin89

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

That's pretty much a given, lol. I usually just wait 10mins b4 a search

C

cornnatron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
First try simpledump++
second if your still on freeboot i would suggest changing to rgloader reads 100 times quicker

griffin89

griffin89

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
First try simpledump++
second if your still on freeboot i would suggest changing to rgloader reads 100 times quicker
that's exactly was i was thinking of doing, but i might just upgrade to a slim rgh, as i like the look of the slim better plus executer fusion seems pretty legit and for now its only rgh compatible as i believe its only in beta still

griffin89

griffin89

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
leele2 leele2 this was posted by flying_poo, it might help
Code:
Starting Offset: 0xc0000000
Dump Length: 0x10000000 (you dont need all the RAM just the game's RAM)

My slim rgh takes a while to boot sometimes.

off topic - i heard that was the original issue but was mostly fixed with the tx cool runner revision C

Last edited:
C

cornnatron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
boot times on slims still vary .

dont go with fusion yet .

why ,the dev dash on fusion is out of date ,wont run newer games just check google for it.
where RGloader is up to date on the dash :biggrin: and it has almost all the same features now.

Calibur

Calibur

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
leele2 leele2 this was posted by flying_poo, it might help

off topic - i heard that was the original issue but was mostly fixed with the tx cool runner revision C
Yeah that's the one I have too, at first I had rev B installed but I had messed up my xbox touching up the solder points and the rev B would give red ring so I had to upgrade. No noticeable difference from the two really, still the avg 10-15 seconds to boot. The only consoles that I've seen give instant boot times are phats, slims tend to give long boot times. Mine isn't as bad as others though, I'm fine with my time..... sometimes.

Yeah as the other guy says it still varies rev C or not.

Top Bottom
Login
Register