What's new

Solved Is there any point getting my xbox flashed?

• Thread starter Aspect
  • Start date
  • Views 531
Aspect

Aspect

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there any point in getting my xbox flashed now when there is an update on May 9th?

I dont want to flash it and then have to wait for a new firmware to be released or get console banned.

A

Agitator

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I asked the same question, I got wait till after the update but also its a waiting ban unless you stay offline.

Aspect

Aspect

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I asked the same question, I got wait till after the update but also its a waiting ban unless you stay offline.

My xbox isnt flashed at all at the moment so I wouldnt be waiting for a ban unless I got it flashed now and on May 9th they bring out new security checks or whatever for the firmware LT +. I just want to know if anyone actually thinks there will be some measure in the update that ****'s up flashed xboxs again.

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there any point in getting my xbox flashed now when there is an update on May 9th?

I dont want to flash it and then have to wait for a new firmware to be released or get console banned.
Flash it, and keep it offline.

Gnarles

Gnarles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, the rumor going around is that there will be no bans for people who have modded drives (this is JUST a rumor since the people beta testing the dash have not seen any action taken against them). However, this could change! Also, another rumor flying around is that once the new FW is flashed onto the drives, it will make extracting the keys more difficult. Because of this, I have put on my tin-foil hat, built a bomb shelter in my basement, and have extracted ALL my keys for my consoles and stored them in multiple places.

Well, maybe I am not that extreme, but I am making sure I have each console labeled and I have they keys for each extracted. I have one console that will play back-ups, the other ones have been flashed back to stock F/W to prepare for the new dash update. I will update an older Xenon upon the release of the new dash and will provide feedback as soon as possible.

My point is, I would wait to flash the console. But, make sure you have the keys incase the new FW 'hides' it. You know, just a suggestion.

Aspect

Aspect

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, the rumor going around is that there will be no bans for people who have modded drives (this is JUST a rumor since the people beta testing the dash have not seen any action taken against them). However, this could change! Also, another rumor flying around is that once the new FW is flashed onto the drives, it will make extracting the keys more difficult. Because of this, I have put on my tin-foil hat, built a bomb shelter in my basement, and have extracted ALL my keys for my consoles and stored them in multiple places.

Well, maybe I am not that extreme, but I am making sure I have each console labeled and I have they keys for each extracted. I have one console that will play back-ups, the other ones have been flashed back to stock F/W to prepare for the new dash update. I will update an older Xenon upon the release of the new dash and will provide feedback as soon as possible.

My point is, I would wait to flash the console. But, make sure you have the keys incase the new FW 'hides' it. You know, just a suggestion.
How do you get the keys?
I have a liteon drive...

P

patsfan1106

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you have two xboxs i would flash it and it keep it offline. If you only have one xbox i would not flash it because the update it coming out soon

Gnarles

Gnarles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
How do you get the keys?
I have a liteon drive...

There are a few methods to do this (I am assuming you have a phat 360). The easiest and best, in my opinion, is the PMT probe method. I have extracted the keys from 5-7 liteon drives and have only gotten a 'bad serial data' issue once and it was my own fault.

Here is a link to the method. There are easy ways to build the probe as well. I used the xbox 360 DVD power cable, 20 gauge wire, an led, a $2 switch from radio shack, and a sewing machine needle. Works great.

Anyhoo, here is the link: http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/431096-how-to-use-you-pmt-probe-to-dump-every-lite-on-slim-excluded/

EDIT: There is a link in the method post with info on how to build the probe. The capacitor is REALLY effing hard to find. There is a method to build one without the cap. But, if you feel the need to use the cap, go here: http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10068

I bought 4 caps the day before I found the instructions to make a probe without the cap.

N

Nickelodeon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Flash it, and keep it offline.

Or at least get the drivekey, because depending on the release of a possible new firmware before any game that includes the update, there are gonna be games shortly after the live update that will require you to update to the latest dash resulting in the same problem offline.

edit: typo

S

Seighten

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Well if you want to go online with your Flashed Xbox i would just wait till the update comes out and see what happened and wait till a new FW comes out.

Top Bottom
Login
Register