What's new

Solved Is there a se7ensins IRC Chat or equivalent? +Modding vs Cheating rant/question

• Thread starter jasonmbrown
  • Start date
  • Views 117

Do you think Modding is the same as Cheating/Hacking?

• Total voters
J

jasonmbrown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering if there's an IRC chat or something like that, Where I can go to discuss random modded xbox stuff. Developing, Modding, Hacking, That sort of stuff.

As well as ask a few minor questions: The main one that's been getting on my nerves is Why in the hell does it seem like everyone considers "Modding" to mean "Cheating"... usually there's a pretty big difference between the 2. Finding your Money Value and setting it to the max value, Does not usually constitute "Modding". On the PC that would just called cheating. Makes it difficult to find actual Mods (Replacing a vehicle with a new one that doesn't exist in the base game, Adding a new Map or area to explore, stuff that changes the base game but not necessarily in a way that can skip/unlock parts of the game).

For example, If I asked for Skyrim xbox Mods. I would not be asking for Infinite Money or Infinite Health. I would most likely be looking for new areas, enemies, items.
Modding = Content
Cheating = Cheating (can refer to the rest below)
Hacking = Cheating/Modding But usually refers to Multiplayer
Trainer = Tool that Changes Values in memory. (What seems to be referred to here as Modding)
Or at least that's what I thought.

J

jasonmbrown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
damn... Everyones already left the xbox 360 scene it would seem. Kinda sucks... thanks for the link though

Top Bottom