What's new

Solved Is there a guide you guys would recommend?

• Thread starter joeprentice90
  • Start date
  • Views 229
J

joeprentice90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 4 days into Destiny now, I've got a refer a friend partner and have done a few of those tasks, I reached level 40, but I'm not terribly far into the stories, and my gear is far from great. I get wrecked in Iron Banner (expected since I'm new and have bad gear) Should I be doing story missions, completing strikes, how do I find out what the daily challenges are? Could somebody please point me towards a good guide for learning everything I can? Also, is it worth it to keep low level legendary items? I have a few that can consume another item to increase their stats, do they reach the stat that the higher item has, or does it go higher? What's the cap for year 1 items? Sorry for the long post and so many questions, I just have so much to learn!

S

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
I'm 4 days into Destiny now, I've got a refer a friend partner and have done a few of those tasks, I reached level 40, but I'm not terribly far into the stories, and my gear is far from great. I get wrecked in Iron Banner (expected since I'm new and have bad gear) Should I be doing story missions, completing strikes, how do I find out what the daily challenges are? Could somebody please point me towards a good guide for learning everything I can? Also, is it worth it to keep low level legendary items? I have a few that can consume another item to increase their stats, do they reach the stat that the higher item has, or does it go higher? What's the cap for year 1 items? Sorry for the long post and so many questions, I just have so much to learn!
I don't know of any guide that is up to date with the latest changes, so I'll just try to answer your questions as best as I can. Keep in mind that I haven't played in a while, so I might not be 100%. I have probably 1500 hours or more in the game tho, so I should be able to help a bit.

First, just wait with Iron Banner until you hit 300 something light. I don't know your current light, but that is what I would recommend. Also, it is helpful to play some normal Crucible first, so you learn the maps and know your way around PvP. Crucible also drops some decent gear and levels up your factions, so that is definitely a plus. (Btw, factions are important, go pledge allegiance to Dead Orbit or one of the others if you haven't already done so. They give a nice bonus when you rank up, so that is definitely worth it.)

Do your story mission, all of the TTK and the newest ones at least. Then get some Prison of Elders done, they give you good value for time when it comes to xp and loot. (Especially on higher levels.) Strikes are good when you stay in the playlist, this increases your rank gain/drop chance I believe. Some Strikes drop strike specific guns or armor, which is a nice bonus.

Best way to get higher leveled gear, raid. Normal raid is good for learning the mechanics, so look for a team to help you through that. Trust me, you will level up super fast if you do the weekly raid challenges.

Daily challenges are listed in the bottom left of the directory, the map where you choose where to go.

If you have a low level legendary that you really like, keep it. If it has a good set of perks, it can very well be worth infusing. An infused gun gets the level of the one you put into it. Year 1 items are stuck at 170 light, so forget about them. Or keep them for Crucible if they are awesome. (Crucible has level advantages disabled, so you can use whatever you want, regardless of level.)

I hope this helps.

J

joeprentice90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know of any guide that is up to date with the latest changes, so I'll just try to answer your questions as best as I can. Keep in mind that I haven't played in a while, so I might not be 100%. I have probably 1500 hours or more in the game tho, so I should be able to help a bit.

First, just wait with Iron Banner until you hit 300 something light. I don't know your current light, but that is what I would recommend. Also, it is helpful to play some normal Crucible first, so you learn the maps and know your way around PvP. Crucible also drops some decent gear and levels up your factions, so that is definitely a plus. (Btw, factions are important, go pledge allegiance to Dead Orbit or one of the others if you haven't already done so. They give a nice bonus when you rank up, so that is definitely worth it.)

Do your story mission, all of the TTK and the newest ones at least. Then get some Prison of Elders done, they give you good value for time when it comes to xp and loot. (Especially on higher levels.) Strikes are good when you stay in the playlist, this increases your rank gain/drop chance I believe. Some Strikes drop strike specific guns or armor, which is a nice bonus.

Best way to get higher leveled gear, raid. Normal raid is good for learning the mechanics, so look for a team to help you through that. Trust me, you will level up super fast if you do the weekly raid challenges.

Daily challenges are listed in the bottom left of the directory, the map where you choose where to go.

If you have a low level legendary that you really like, keep it. If it has a good set of perks, it can very well be worth infusing. An infused gun gets the level of the one you put into it. Year 1 items are stuck at 170 light, so forget about them. Or keep them for Crucible if they are awesome. (Crucible has level advantages disabled, so you can use whatever you want, regardless of level.)

I hope this helps.

Thanks, it does help! I've gotten up to 250 light, started a second character to try out warlocks, and finally know how to find the daily challenge. I wish they would've labeled it, or maybe I was half asleep when it mentioned it during a story or something. One more quick question if you don't mind, is there a good way to farm Legendary Marks? I saw a guide that said to do the daily challenges, but didn't have much info other than that.

S

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Thanks, it does help! I've gotten up to 250 light, started a second character to try out warlocks, and finally know how to find the daily challenge. I wish they would've labeled it, or maybe I was half asleep when it mentioned it during a story or something. One more quick question if you don't mind, is there a good way to farm Legendary Marks? I saw a guide that said to do the daily challenges, but didn't have much info other than that.
That is pretty much the way to earn them. Daily Crucible, daily heroics. Three strikes in heroic playlist every week and some bounties in Trials of Osiris. (Stay away from Trials until you are higher light tho) Also, some story missions give you legendary marks I believe, so keep an eye out for those. :smile:

J

joeprentice90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is pretty much the way to earn them. Daily Crucible, daily heroics. Three strikes in heroic playlist every week and some bounties in Trials of Osiris. (Stay away from Trials until you are higher light tho) Also, some story missions give you legendary marks I believe, so keep an eye out for those. :smile:
Cool, thanks for all of the help!

Top Bottom