What's new

Discussion Is The Xbox 360 "Outdated" Now?

• Thread starter Green Goblin
  • Start date
  • Views 4,867
Green Goblin

Green Goblin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Now that the Xbox One and PS4 are out, is the 360 outdated? What's your opinion?

Hulk

Hulk

️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️
Administrator
Trifecta Odysseus' Summit MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I would think most of the people who are still on Xbox 360 are probably people with RGH or Jtag. Pretty much just using it for modding. Personally, I don't see what else you could really do if most of your friends have moved onto Xbox One or PS4.

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

cyan:wave2:Buying burnt food!
Retired
Lifetime
AzzidReign Jr End of the Year 2012 Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
It was outdated even before the X1 came out xD

Honorary

Honorary

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Actually sadly the xbox 360 is outdated D: Microsoft is now giving up on the xbox 360. Sadly i even just bought Grand Theft Auto 5 and about 2 weeks later i found out that Rockstar and Microsoft are giving up on GTA 5 like they are with the 360 ):

Green Goblin

Green Goblin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm still trying to get inheritor on Reach haha
Actually sadly the xbox 360 is outdated D: Microsoft is now giving up on the xbox 360. Sadly i even just bought Grand Theft Auto 5 and about 2 weeks later i found out that Rockstar and Microsoft are giving up on GTA 5 like they are with the 360 ):
Yup, it's sad to see it go. I remember the days when you could join any lobby in under a minute and have the time of your life with decent people, now it's just a bunch of hosters and tweens paying for cash drops :vomit:.

Yiddo

Yiddo

Fabled Veteran Grizzled Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
They should have updated the 360 rather than bring out the xbox one. Xbox one is terrible compared to the 360 and next gen has been a big let down for me. The 360 was so easy to navigate and the menu's were perfect (Why they got rid of the mini dash for xbox one i will never know). 360 is the perfect console imo.

Green Goblin

Green Goblin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They should have updated the 360 rather than bring out the xbox one. Xbox one is terrible compared to the 360 and next gen has been a big let down for me. The 360 was so easy to navigate and the menu's were perfect (Why they got rid of the mini dash for xbox one i will never know). 360 is the perfect console imo.
Exactly! Yeah the one's graphics may be a little better, but why make an ENTIRELY new console when there are millions upon millions playing the 360 who probably don't have $500 to spend on a new console!

Honorary

Honorary

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm still trying to get inheritor on Reach haha

Yup, it's sad to see it go. I remember the days when you could join any lobby in under a minute and have the time of your life with decent people, now it's just a bunch of hosters and tweens paying for cash drops :vomit:.
True D: But playing GTA 5 is still fun in single-player :biggrin:

iDealx

iDealx

Reaction score
Sin$
Of course the Xbox 360 is outdated, it's not opinion-based but rather it's fact. The Xbox 360 we all know and love sadly had to die at some point, you can't argue that it's had a heck of a good run though. Last generation of consoles had the longest life-cycle in history of Games Consoles. With the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 now over a decade old.

D

Deleted member 726818

I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.
Reaction score
Sin$
Of course the Xbox 360 is outdated, it's not opinion-based but rather it's fact. The Xbox 360 we all know and love sadly had to die at some point, you can't argue that it's had a heck of a good run though. Last generation of consoles had the longest life-cycle in history of Games Consoles. With the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 now over a decade old.
It's amazing and scary to think how fast time flew.

iDealx

iDealx

Reaction score
Sin$
It's amazing and scary to think how fast time flew.
That's very true man, totally agree with you on that. When you think of 10 years it sounds so long, but when you're living it day by day, it goes so fast. I have so many memories on theses systems, from my childhood playing Modern Warfare and Black Ops religiously. It's just a matter of time until Sony and Microsoft pulls the plug on support for theses systems, apparently Xbox Live will be discontinued on the 360 at the end of this year, no more multiplayer.

M

Mezy

Trusted Hoster ツ
Reaction score
Sin$
Eh. Its all up to yourself tbh i sold my RGH last month and dont regret it as i barely touched it.

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think so because the console servers are still up and also some of the games are still the biggest hits over some on Xbox One and they are exploited [RGH and Jailbroken]

RaidenS7

RaidenS7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The xbox 360 is WAYYY PAST it's due date now we look forward to modding on the xbox one and wonder if that will ever happen.

Syrus

Syrus

Just chill out
Fabled Veteran Mythical Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Exactly! Yeah the one's graphics may be a little better, but why make an ENTIRELY new console when there are millions upon millions playing the 360 who probably don't have $500 to spend on a new console!
thats exactly why because they wanted more money

TEIR1plus2

TEIR1plus2

VIP
VIP
Hidden Devils
Frame In Gold Programmer A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
The 360 was outdated 2 years before the one was released IMO.
Going off of fact though, no. You gotta remember the 360's GPU is from 2004-2005. And the RAM is only 512mb. That is such a small amount of memory now when working on a AAA game. I worked on a computer one time with 512mb, and it could hardly run vista without memory usage at 90%. Didn't even wanna waste time trying Windows 7.

Towards the end they were squeezing every last drop of performance out of the 360, games ran at 20-30 fps or below. The only thing keeping it from performing better were safe guards on the system keeping it from killing itself, and even then it still killed itself sometimes. It certainly had a great life but there is no way they could've kept it going.

Hypotoad

Hypotoad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If we look at what happened with the original Xbox once the 360 came out, it's not the same with the 360 and the Xbox One, there was a huge leap in graphics performance with the 360 over the original, this is not the case with the Xbox One. Sure the graphics look better but not the huge leap from the original to 360. And what new games are out for the Xbox One, they are pretty much all remakes or spin offs of 360 games.

The 360 will still be around until the Xbox One or PS4 are hacked, then it will slowly fade out, but only then.

Top Bottom
Login
Register