What's new

Discussion Is the Season Pass worth it?

Azsry

Azsry

Getting There
EotM Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been contemplating whether or not I should buy the Borderlands 2 Season Pass, but have yet to come to a decision.

Most of my friends have the DLC and I want to play it with them, but I always have this worry that when I finish them (which will be pretty quickly), I won't really play them again and will feel that they weren't worth the buy. It's not the items I'm after, because I can easily grab one of the UVHM saves from here and just load it up and have everything if I wanted; the story's the thing that's tempting. I also noticed that the two extra classes, the Mechromancer and the Bandit are not included in the season pass. Whether this is an important factor over which I should worry myself, I'm still not sure.

I also heard a while ago that the Xbox One will move from Microsoft Points to real money, so having any leftover Microsoft Points would be useless. At the moment I have just under 2000 but my friend is going to buy me a 1500 point card soon because I edited for him. With this knowledge, I'm leaning more towards buying the Season Pass instead of a lot of smaller items which wouldn't benefit me as much after the release of the Xbox One.

TL;DR: Read the title.

irafanv

irafanv

I'm done for now.
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been contemplating whether or not I should buy the Borderlands 2 Season Pass, but have yet to come to a decision.

Most of my friends have the DLC and I want to play it with them, but I always have this worry that when I finish them (which will be pretty quickly), I won't really play them again and will feel that they weren't worth the buy. It's not the items I'm after, because I can easily grab one of the UVHM saves from here and just load it up and have everything if I wanted; the story's the thing that's tempting. I also noticed that the two extra classes, the Mechromancer and the Bandit are not included in the season pass. Whether this is an important factor over which I should worry myself, I'm still not sure.

I also heard a while ago that the Xbox One will move from Microsoft Points to real money, so having any leftover Microsoft Points would be useless. At the moment I have just under 2000 but my friend is going to buy me a 1500 point card soon because I edited for him. With this knowledge, I'm leaning more towards buying the Season Pass instead of a lot of smaller items which wouldn't benefit me as much after the release of the Xbox One.

The dlc has a great replay value, except cough cough hammerlocks. Raids never get old, new humour and co-op will keep you busy for a while. .. providing that you don't pull a me and edit **** in immediately

Azsry

Azsry

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
The dlc has a great replay value, except cough cough hammerlocks. Raids never get old, new humour and co-op will keep you busy for a while. .. providing that you don't pull a me and edit **** in immediately

After the Badass Rank mods came in, I just use whatever guns I find, given that they aren't E-Tech.

irafanv

irafanv

I'm done for now.
Reaction score
Sin$
After the Badass Rank mods came in, I just use whatever guns I find, given that they aren't E-Tech.
Don't ruin the game play / money for your self. The closer you play to legit stats the more you will enjoy it

Loc Dog

Loc Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yes since i think all DLC on the season pass has been release , worth the $30 .

aeterna

aeterna

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Most of my friends have the DLC and I want to play it with them, but I always have this worry that when I finish them (which will be pretty quickly), I won't really play them again and will feel that they weren't worth the buy. It's not the items I'm after, because I can easily grab one of the UVHM saves from here and just load it up and have everything if I wanted; the story's the thing that's tempting.

1. Did you find replay value in the base game? The DLC's are no different in terms of replay value. If you played through once and got bored of it thats probably what will happen with the dlc's as well. Personally I think its still pretty debatable whether its wroth it or not, even if you only plan on playing through everything once. If you get the season pass it comes to something like $7 per dlc, which is not too bad IMO.

2. Even if you were to grab a save from here with DLC weapons on it you would not be able to use them unless you have the corresponding DLC installed

Predators

Predators

The Assassin
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol I asked myself this same question when i contemplated getting it when the game first came out and i eventually caved in and bought it. Conveniently after i bought it i played for about a week then got dragged into the CoD Scene again. I have recently picked Borderlands 2 back up again and have spent the last 5 hours downloading the 4 DLC Packs that have came out since the course from November. Needless to say atm it is well worth it if you have a team ready to play the DLC at a moments notice. Then in that case your money is well spent.

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes.

Kankuro

Kankuro

How To Do?
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Not going to lie, Didn't read anything but the title.
I think it's worth it. Hell I think Dragon's Keep alone is almost worth it lol.

S

SneakierLemon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
IMO absolutely worth it, I barely every play the regular story line now its mostly dlcs, especially with tiny Tina's dlc now out its probably gonna be a while before I go back into the regular world. Lol

Azsry

Azsry

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't ruin the game play / money for your self. The closer you play to legit stats the more you will enjoy it

I can just turn off my stat boosts from the Badass Points and still play legit before I start screwing around.

Chuckles21z

Chuckles21z

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The season pass for BL2 is the only season pass I have purchased that I feel like is completely worth it. Possibly overvalued. I'm hoping they make more DLC since the level cap hasn't been reach 69 like it was in BL1.

Masterade

Masterade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The season pass is worth it if you haven't bought 1 main story DLC or the UVHM pack yet. You save about 15 dollars for 5 pieces of DLC.

TheRealDR3W

TheRealDR3W

Reaction score
Sin$
there's tons of replay value in all the dlc's imo. i just finished dragon keep today and i'm already looking forward to playing it again on a new character.

Xbox One Guru

Strolling

Xbox Master Race
Reaction score
Sin$
Only DLC I suggest to anyone is Tiny Tina DLC. And if you missed Borderlands 1 DLC's just pick up Knoxx :tongue: Season pass felt not as worth it as I wanted.

Lopw

Lopw

Premium Account/Cod Addict
Reaction score
Sin$

YES

L

Lagg0r

Reaction score
Sin$
Definetely worth the money in my eyes. I actually hat to stop midway through the Torgue campaign a couple of times because my chest hurt from laughing so hard.
The tiny tina DLC is also a GREAT addition to the game -> it takes everything it needs from the original game to make up a new badass world of awesomeness and fun.

Hammerlock was really disappointing though. My roommate and I played through it in 2 hours straight and I haven't touched that one ever since
Pirate booty was also pretty short of a campaign, but it makes up for it with a lot of really cool sidequests and funny dialogue.

replay value of those addons (except hammerlocks hunt) was pretty high and I have played through them a couple of times by now. (Not dragon keep though, since it came out like half a week ago, duh)

TL;DR
all in all... i'd buy it again, it was worth my money
but then again everyone has a different taste

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score