What's new

Discussion is the Save the world worth buying?

iDoK

iDoK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just wonder if the save the world Campaign worth buying ? :biggrin:

GlitchSquad

GlitchSquad

Experienced Veteran Glitcher Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
It will be free soon, so no.. but if you have the spare money go ahead and buy it, you get a lot of free V-Bucks in that mode which you can use in BR as well

Giraffez

Giraffez

That's What They All Say
Retired
End of the Year 2017 Experienced Veteran Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Considering it will be free in a matter of time, I personally don’t think it’s worth it, but once it’s free I’m not sure if vbucks will still be able to be acquired through that mode, or if they will even be a method of purchasing cosmetics anymore, it would be pretty pointless if they were IMO.

Jesus

Jesus

Son of God
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
how many vbux does it give you?
It gives a decent amount if I remember correctly but you aren't going to be getting tons and it has a huge time investment in it as well. I would recommend it if it'll soon be free

Virus_Clan

Virus_Clan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you getting it for the sake of playing it, no, it'll be free and it gets boring easily. But for vbucks go ahead

L

LawlessBaron

A myth
Retired
Legendary Veteran Programmer Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
Sin$
It's good for when you just want to relax and not worry about other players

HcB_Modding

HcB_Modding

Poke Shop Master
Reaction score
Sin$
i recommend it because its pretty fun plus if you get it before its free you get a head start on other players plus your guaranteed 50 vbucks a day if you just do your daily challenge but if you do the other challenges that give you vbucks you can get them very quick in one day i made like 700 vbucks from doing challenges

Harry

Harry

Dope
Programmer Mythical Veteran Journalist
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
My brother bought it and said the mode itself is boring as hell, but he's stacking those vbux now! Did you end up purchasing it, iDoK iDoK ? :smile:

Link

Link

I had eggs for breakfast, Your Mum had Sausage.
Programmer Contest Sponsor Services
Reaction score
Sin$
I got it 2 days ago and tbh it's heaps of fun, I don't mind dropping the money because it isn't very much to me and I was in the mood for that sort of game.

TDBlue

TDBlue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so for any1 who reads this, Review:
So STW is good at first if you can grind well. It's a good game to grind, play with friends and get V-Bucks (Don't spend em on BR, it's a waste) The game is basically: Play missions and grind materials, while building up Schematic XP, Survivor XP and Hero XP. You use the V-Bucks you earn to buy Llamas which allow you to get schematics, hero's and survivors. You use the XP's to get your weapons stronger, heroes (character) stronger and survivors stroger to get your power level higher. You also do quests in the mean time to get better missions. There are 4 Areas you can go to:
Stonewood
Plankerton
Canny Valley
Twine Peaks
You begin in Stonewood and make your way to Twine
I am currently in Canny and am almost in Twine
You get a skill tree and research tree which boost your stats, pickaxe and how high you can upgrade your stuff.
After you get to specific quests you have to do something called a Storm Shield defence which are a pain, but give you 100 each, In all 4 areas you can get atleast 1000 V-Bucks (10 Storm Defences)
Each day once you get far enough you can get 50 V-Bucks due to a daily challenge
Im on Day 120 - 130 (ish)
You also can get missions that give you V-bucks
If you don't want to spend V-Bucks you can get Event Llamas which will give you guns or Get guns using Daily Mission Credits, or even use Event Gold to get new characters, materials or schematics. Its pretty complex.

Cons:
Missions get repetitive
Quests are a grind
Full of scammers during trades (why I think you should spend it on llamas so you don't need to get scammed)
A recent dupe glitch has ruined trading
Epic Games barely pay any attention to it
Unless you buy the 2nd (currently most expensive pack) its not really worth it
Playing in a mission with friends is kinda boring as theres nothing to talk about
Theres no tutorial to it (why I explained all this)
The games incomplete (very, which is why I say buy it rather than wait for it to be free, itll be forever till it will be)
Most people up to Plankerton are scammers (Don't trade with anyone, as I say)
No proper trade system (Watch some youtubers on scamming methods so that they don't try scam you)
For a beta, pretty damn expensive

Pros:
Easy V-Bucks (even if you dont grind it)
You can meet some pretty decent or interesting people
Buying it atm means you could get some of peoples duplicated goods
Most BR weapons have been out on STW first so you get to try them first
You will get 3 Birthday Llamas at the moment which will give you some of the older, rares schematics and characters
Good game for if your bored or wanna chill after some insane salt from BR
Can be pretty fun if you like trading and meet nice, genuine people.
Means that youll get a headstart on the freebee players
You could gameshare to a friend on Xbox, or use it on PC and Console if you use the same Epic Account

I wouldn't say the pros weigh the cons out, but I honestly find it pretty good once you know what your doing.

If you need help with something hmu and I'm down to help you out.

A

arso96

Reaction score
Sin$
It is worth buying, I highly recommended. It is not that expensive and you get way more for the money you paid. And as Xero said in his signature lines, no one knows for sure what will happen when the game goes free, but I would say that the one who purchased the game will certainly get more rewards than free-loaders (no offense).

DafontMapQuestFileHippo

Last edited:
Virus_Clan

Virus_Clan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It is worth buying, I highly recommended. It is not that expensive and you get way more for the money you paid. And as Xero said in his signature lines, no one knows for sure what will happen when the game goes free, but I would say that the one who purchased the game will certainly get more rewards than free-loaders (no offense).

DafontMapQuestFileHippo
Is the game still not free?

______

______

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
No it’s not free, currently it is discounted
They have said the game is delayed and won’t be coming out this year, I think they said it will come out for free in 2019.

I made it to the end game of STW currently pl 128 with 246 days logged and this is my opinion of the Pro’s and cons of purchasing campaign

Pros:

-If you are a BR player and enjoy grinding fortnite in general save the world is a great way to save money on the battle pass, you can complete daily quests to earn vbucks (50 vbucks per day) and also receive additional daily rewards which is occasionally vbucks though it Isn’t that frequent

-Completing all campaign and side quests alone you are guaranteed 4000+ vbucks( this is long term and many many hours though not impossible)

-I haven’t needed to specifically spend irl $ to purchase a battle pass ever, although I did spend money to purchase in game llamas because I really enjoy this campaign!

-All the vbucks you earn from campaign can be spent on battle Royale game modes

-you receive 2 skins in battle Royale also I’m not quite sure if these skins will be available when the game is free

Cons
-The game is supposedly coming out for free, when?? who knows?

-The quests are quite grindy and quite a lot of the time you are just standing in the same place just standing in the one place and defending

-Epic tends to focus on battle Royale updates as that is the real cash cow and save the world tends to receive a lot of recycled content, bug fixes can sometimes take a while to fix whereas that Isn’t the case for BR

-Their are a lot of scammers and with some recent duplication glitches it has somewhat ruined the game

-a lot of cool stuff in battle Royale is not available, you can’t crouch, you can’t button map controllers, theirs no gliders, no emotes and no way to customise characters

-I had a gift code gifted it to a friend and he played for a few days and couldn’t get into it, the game is not for everyone I learned, my friend is a call of duty player and plays battle Royale style games.

Overall
I suggest everyone get this game though I always tell everyone the cons, I believe their are games for different people, my friend game shared this for me before I purchased and I just loved the overall look and feel of the game, i wish I could go back to day one, the soundtrack is incredible, and now I can’t stand listening to game noise I have it muted xD

If you even spend money on the fortnite Royale battle pass just get this next time instead and earn the vbucks playing campaign you may be pleasantly surprised or you might get bored as hell p:

Banned

Banned

But am I ?????
Mr. Nice Guy Mythical Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
I am really questioning when they will ever make it free. I have been playing STW since February of last year and enjoyed some of it. With that being said it becomes very boring very quick. There are only a handful of different mission types and the final zone twine doesnt even have it's own biome. The player base has also gone down the tubes at this point to traders, afk players and just all around toxic players that will do anything to upset others they match make with.

Most of the content i can solo but that requires extra effort, materials and ammo which after a long time makes the solo play quite a chore. As a max level player i would suggest people stay clear of this until they address some of the lacks of content. Their main focus is on BR (makes sense as that is their cash cow) but that really puts a strain on the STW current state.

Top Bottom
Login
Register