Is the Iphone 4s worth the upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TripixHD

TripixHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so i have an Iphone 4 but I'm not to keen on the 'Iphone 4s'. So whats your opinion on getting one, is it worth it?

Dr Singer x

Dr Singer x

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Is it worth it to make a fast phone faster?

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Evan is Pro

Evan is Pro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Why buy it when In 6 months they will release the Iphone 5 or the Iphone 4G and just heads up there are much better phones than the iPhone out their.

Evolved

Evolved

Se7en Elite
Reaction score
Sin$
its up to you, i think its a minor upgrade. IF you don't have an iphone and looking to buy one go for the 4S. But in your case i will keep it since its only a processor,Camera, and iOS 5 upgrade

ODonnell

ODonnell

Hold Strong
VIP
Retired
MotM Mr. Nice Guy End of the Year 2013
Reaction score
Sin$
I would say no. The only reason i could think to update is because of Siri but i'm sure there will be something in Cydia to get that on your IPhone 4. Also next year you will want the IPhone 5 and really is it worth the hassle every year?

TripixHD

TripixHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Very true what you all said, ill just wait till the iphone 5. Im sure you could get the 8mp Camera as a spare part anyway and put it in the 4.

P

PATRICKdoesWORKK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
samsung galaxy s II has my attention, release of the iPhone 4s was a bust IMO

Tricked

Tricked

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
i have the 4 im just going to wait for the 5 as it will be much better.

No Pants Party

No Pants Party

Whiskey.
Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Sin$
I have an iPhone 4 as well. I'm perfectly fine with mine, it's still fast, still works great so I'm just waiting until they release the next because we all know, knowing apple that'll be within the next few months. Since it seems they have new products every day...

SE43

assassin279

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Currently on my iPhone 4 right now :tongue: it's brilliant and I genuinely don't see the point in upgrading, plus, how are people supposed to know your better then them in public

Triiistan

Triiistan

Contributor
Experienced Veteran Programmer Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
the only difference is the letter s
Too bad that's not the only difference, iPhone 4S goes ahead with its Siri voice-activated personal assistant, A5 processor, CMDA+GSM chip, 1080p video capability, faster download speeds, improved graphics, improved camera and an intelligent switching antenna. The storage has also gone too high, up to 64 GB. The iPhone 4 storage went up to 32 GB only. The image quality is expected to be better even in low light conditions, the video resolution would also be better. The iPhone 4S comes with an 8 megapixel camera compared to the 5 megapixel of iPhone 4. In terms of pixels, the front facing camera goes from 720 pixels to 1080 pixels though it still remains a 0.3 MP one. The iPhone 4S also has hybrid GSM/ CDMA cellular connectivity whereas the iPhone 4 had quad-band GSM/ CDMA cellular connectivity. he faster A5 dual core processor will make it powerful device, with a claimed battery life of 8 hours.

This new phone was meant to be an upgrade to the iPhone 3GS users, as it may not be worth the upgrade from an iPhone 4.

Shatter

Shatter

Reaction score
Sin$
Is it worth it to make a fast phone faster?

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
The new dual A5 chips makes the 4s the most powerful phone on the market atm, it wasn't a small upgrade and many companys are going to pushthe new chips and better then ps2 graphics games will start showing up in the next year. If you don't use it for gaming then there is no reason to upgrade.

Teh Man

Teh Man

Enthusiast
Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
The only reason I'm going to say it's worth it is because I'm currently stuck with the 3GS. 4 or 4s, either way, it would still be an upgrade for me. If I'm spending money on an upgrade, why not go all the way.

Victory

Victory

Aaron 4 Life
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Beginning of An Odyssey Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
In My Opinion i would probably say yes... I know i know you probably think i'm all insane, But How much will the upgrade cost? £100-£150 ($200?) Anyway, If you are going to get the 5, Think how much it will cost t go from the 4 to the 5...? If you but it now you will be able to get the 5 for dirt cheap, And im thinking the 5 will be out in 7-8 months. Also the 4s has Siri, Its 2 times faster and some of the Tips and Tricks / Easy features available on the 4s are insane. But i guess it up to you. Im probably being a bit bias because in 4 Days i get the 4s for my B-day so ( My first iPhone! ) im probably too excited but i guess it really up to you. It will be good if you get it, If you don't then your not really missing out.

Alle

Alle

Your Boy
Platinum Record Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The new dual A5 chips makes the 4s the most powerful phone on the market atm, it wasn't a small upgrade and many companys are going to pushthe new chips and better then ps2 graphics 5 games will start showing up in the next year. If you don't use it for gaming then there is no reason to upgrade.
Except you realize the dual core A5 is clocked under 1GHz.. The Rezound is a Dual Core 1.5GHz with a gig of DDR2. The 4s is a joke. The only nice thing is GSM+CDMA in one phone. Still no 4G...

Justin

Justin

#mmNation
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2014 Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
It's an upgrade for the 3GS users. If you have the 4, save the upgrade for a newer one that will most likely be announced in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register