What's new

Discussion Is RDR2 dead before its given a chance?

• Thread starter steveiniraq66
  • Start date
  • Views 26,122
steveiniraq66

steveiniraq66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Is this game dead any before it's time or not?
Firstly I wanna say how amazing the story mode is on this game albeit the bugs but more about those In a bit. This has to be rockstar greatest game yet and is in my top 5 all time greatest games ever.....
It has great storyline, characters you wanna love, hate, shoot in the face.
The online however I feel is a huge disappointment.
Rockstar needs to fix story mode bugs ie lost talisman, orchids not spawning, items disappearing from inventory after story is complete and unable to get some items again ie missing legendary alligator tooth which I already had has now gone.
They also need to at least finish the story online too before adding anymore modes etc.
Other issues which I personally believe need attention too are:-

Spawning too far from camp. Ie spawn in tumbleweed camp in grizzlies.
Resolution, remove camp altogether

No private sessions for just hunting/fishing

Entry weapons/items should be rod, bow, varmit, cattleman

All weapons/items same price as in story.

Free to start a posse maybe

Still poor payouts on missions

ALL weapons/clothing available to purchase from the start

Maybe panning for gold to earn nuggets

Horse bonding resets each time you log in

Lures rank 31!!!

Gta 5 revolver not showing up

You lose pelts if you switch sessions to avoid trolls.

Poor cold clothing at low rank

Remove player blips unless in posse or hostile

Clothing hidden behind gold bars only!!!

Simple clothing ie hats locked until high ranks....

Ability cards removed as headshots to a guy from a shotgun x3 and he still lives, yet shoots varmit rifle one time instant kill

Sessions to allow similar ranked players only ie no rank 5 with a rank 100

I know some will say just get good but it's hard to do when sessions have such a high number of high ranked players who have an arsenal of weapons at their disposal compared to a rank 10 for instance.

Will all this deter me from playing online?? Probably not BUT it will be just to hang with friends and not to do an endless grind for a game that is still in "Beta" but to me is finished if you added microtransactions and other modes. Convince me this ISNT the finished product.
I think rockstar is at a very important stage of online gaming and granted gta v was all about running and gunning and some have bought that mindset to this game and ruining it for new players.

Like I said, overall the game is one of their best BUT does have alot of room for improvement.

Having said all that I'm still enjoying the game immensely and actually on my 3rd playthrough to get another ending.

Stay safe on the plains partners.

C

Cory3232

Reaction score
Sin$
It has been 2 weeks since the last update and they still haven't released one to fix many of the bugs we had since the beta started. The games gonna start to die if they dont hurry up and release one.

steveiniraq66

steveiniraq66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It has been 2 weeks since the last update and they still haven't released one to fix many of the bugs we had since the beta started. The games gonna start to die if they dont hurry up and release one.
Exactly mate. I love this game story AND online but I dont want to start hating it as it has huge potential I think to be bigger than gta. Here's hoping they bring a new update with fixes real soon

Aydind

Aydind

VIP
VIP
Retired
Bright Idea Reporter Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It might die, might not. Even if it does it'll the activity will kick back up when a major update does happen. Just a matter of time.

steveiniraq66

steveiniraq66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It might die, might not. Even if it does it'll the activity will kick back up when a major update does happen. Just a matter of time.
Right, look at gta. Whenever an update hits its busy again.

Spalchk9

Spalchk9

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
They def need to work on the combat aspect and factors surrounding that, because the auto aim in this game is essentially aim bot, I myself have locked into people from such distance and while they are behind scenery , it’s just insane the fact you can blindly lock on to enemy players from such distance.

With that being said the ability cards are a blessing in disguise because you can put yourself in control and totally take the auto aim varmiant noobs right out the game.

Nothing better than watching the sheer panic when a player can just simply not lock onto me and I’m just bodying them with a real weapon, or even more embarrassing running at them zigzag with my lasso while they are trying to figure out how to actually aim and fire with free aim :roflmao:

steveiniraq66

steveiniraq66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They def need to work on the combat aspect and factors surrounding that, because the auto aim in this game is essentially aim bot, I myself have locked into people from such distance and while they are behind scenery , it’s just insane the fact you can blindly lock on to enemy players from such distance.

With that being said the ability cards are a blessing in disguise because you can put yourself in control and totally take the auto aim varmiant noobs right out the game.

Nothing better than watching the sheer panic when a player can just simply not lock onto me and I’m just bodying them with a real weapon, or even more embarrassing running at them zigzag with my lasso while they are trying to figure out how to actually aim and fire with free aim :roflmao:
Ok so it wasn't just me then that was aiming at folks BEHIND a tree then lol. Me personally I dont use the ability card feature but suppose I should really. Not sure what's a available for rank 22

Spalchk9

Spalchk9

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so it wasn't just me then that was aiming at folks BEHIND a tree then lol. Me personally I dont use the ability card feature but suppose I should really. Not sure what's a available for rank 22
Yep, the auto aim is just a little extreme... I have actually felt guilty before when I have been in a longer range gun fight and have locked on and killed a player who was taking cover behind trees, I could not see a thing about them, I came out to aim and boom my reticle turns red and gets sucked to the right a little so I fired, saw the kill and was basically disgusted lol.

Ability cards I see at this point are a must, because they will counter essentially all griefers and give you a huge edge, especially if your the type that is just wanting to be able to defend your self at any given time.

If anything, you will eliminate any average player and noob from griefing you or comming after you, only skilled free aim players will be able to over come.

Whether I am hunting, traveling, or doing a stranger mission, if someone comes at me I just activate dead eye and just watch them try to figure out what to do, especially when they are riding up on horseback just counting on that one shot varmiant rifle lol.

I’m not the griefing nasty type, so to pull this out of the back pocket and then watch the would be grifer rage quit as you proceed to then kill them with your bare hands while they just cycle thru weapons spraying bullets everywhere, is just a beautiful thing to watch lol.

Again a skilled player will be able to over come this, however there are many ability cards to stack along with this that will make your player a tank that can keep running thru 4-5 express bullets at close range.

smoidal

smoidal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Exactly mate. I love this game story AND online but I dont want to start hating it as it has huge potential I think to be bigger than gta. Here's hoping they bring a new update with fixes real soon
Agreed! I just really appreciate that they took their time and continue to, to ensuring it's not the Wild West that GTAO was at Launch or what it continues to be. Oh sure I would not mind Duping a Horse or something.... LOL
I can't wait to see if we can own Wagons!

Navy Davey

Navy Davey

☠️Wicked Good☠️
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Legendary Veteran Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It’s a great game no matter which way you look at it. I’m confident that some awesome stuff is in store for us in the future. In all honesty I find the showdown modes to be fun and moderately addictive. Granted I AFK them more than I play them but when I am playing I can’t seem to put it down.
Sure, online has become repetitive but I don’t think we were given anything major to expect from it. The fact that they are keeping it in its Beta stage is a good thing. It gives us a chance to learn the game and get small fortunes built until they begin to release the really expensive stuff. If you play any of the online story missions you will have caught the clues that more is to come from each Main character...
Bank robberies, vengeful bounties and “lawman” work. I can dig it! I am crossing my fingers for a spring roll out of the “full” version of online. My biggest wish for the game is that it will someday include both Creator and Director modes. The waiting is the hardest part....
How do you keep a turkey in suspense?
I’ll tell you later :roflmao:

L

Lennard Pearce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Online is terrible I put up with it Because nothing else to play right now but it is really ****

Marvelous

Marvelous

(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Grammar Nazi Stickied Bright Idea
Reaction score
Sin$
I played it a bit the first 2-3 days then lost interest. I like playing online.. I play Xbox Live, not Xbox.

Unbound 7s

Unbound 7s

0x50676f573
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I played it a bit the first 2-3 days then lost interest. I like playing online.. I play Xbox Live, not Xbox.

Literally what I did but for only a couple days. It didn't really grab me like most games have. Though growing older has worn down my "omg new game yessss" excitement levels when I use to play games..

Speedball

Speedball

I don't believe in non-believers
Legendary Veteran Grammar Nazi Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Don’t think this game will even come close to retaining a player base like GTA V did/still does.
I haven’t bought this game yet but from what I’ve seen/read so far, this game will be dead within a year or 2 at this rate.

Marc the Robot

Marc the Robot

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
One can't deny the bugs, and I can't count on my hands the grievances I have with this game but nonetheless, I play it anyway. For what it is, I can get on in the game just fine and make of it as I will despite its faults.

I've said it elsewhere that I don't believe for one second this is in 'Beta' phase and I have opinions against R* for monetising a game that is still incomplete, but at the same time - with a glass half full - I see the potential scope for future developments and wait with baited breath in hopes they deliver. It would have been better for R* to release a more complete game but for what it's worth, I enjoy it.

L

laleroy

Reaction score
Sin$
How many more months do we have to play it before you’d feel like we’ve given it a fair chance. I played fallout 76 for exactly 37 minutes before I decided it was hopeless garbage. So, the time we all already have invested in rdr2 online is enough for a fair accessment.

R* rolled out a buggy platform that is boring and does not appear to be a long term player. And they know this! I don’t think theyve shown any interest in making rdr their new flagship mp. I believe their actions have shown that the monetary focus with this game was storymode if which they’ve obviously already exceeded sales of. The story mode was beautiful.

But online would have to be completely overhauled for it to be compelling long term.

I’m rank 84. I have a few thousand in game. I’m set up as well as I can be if any good content is released. But it’s just not going to be a daily player in my opinion.

Last edited:
smoidal

smoidal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
How do you keep a turkey in suspense?
I’ll tell you later :roflmao:[/QUOTE]

LOL

The Irish Assassin

The Irish Assassin

(Re)tired eyes from the shadows
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It pains me to say this as a long term rockstar fan but, the online is a disappointment. Story mode was great yes but the online so far has felt like a dumbed down overly repetitive unloved child of the story. Sadly, it seems that rockstar have not learned from GTAV and really have become the money greedy operation I feared.

Them maintaining radio silence essentially hasn't helped.

I hate to be the complainer. Some of you will know that I've never really complained about things like this but I just can't hold my tongue on this. RDR2 is rapidly becoming an over hyped, under utilized game that may already be destined for the history books as something that could have been but never became.

Spalchk9

Spalchk9

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
It pains me to say this as a long term rockstar fan but, the online is a disappointment. Story mode was great yes but the online so far has felt like a dumbed down overly repetitive unloved child of the story. Sadly, it seems that rockstar have not learned from GTAV and really have become the money greedy operation I feared.

Them maintaining radio silence essentially hasn't helped.

I hate to be the complainer. Some of you will know that I've never really complained about things like this but I just can't hold my tongue on this. RDR2 is rapidly becoming an over hyped, under utilized game that may already be destined for the history books as something that could have been but never became.
Oh yes , money greedy they sure are.... I mean rushing out the online gold store while in “beta” with all the issues and what not basically showed their true colors there for sure.

I was so disgusted to learn their most recent update yesterday fixed some problems inside the gun rush game mode, and also issues with lobby populating sizes or something like that.... Sooo they decided that we can continue to live with the bugs and issues in free roam, keep losing pelts at the butcher and all that other fun stuff, but they wanted to make sure they took care of all their fortnite fans and got right on fixing a single game mode instead...

Pretty disappointing.

Top Bottom
Login
Register