• Thread starter Kayla Fox
  • Start date
  • Views 6,830
Kayla Fox

Kayla Fox

Cool Chick
Reaction score
Sin$
This has been in my head for awhile but I feel like Nintendo is dying since they have been making bad choice and etc. Like forget all about the Wii U and blocking their games from being uploaded on Youtube, But what do you think, Is Nintendo dying?

7Sins Dweller

7Sins Dweller

The 7th Sinner
Experienced Veteran Gifter 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
This has been in my head for awhile but I feel like Nintendo is dying since they have been making bad choice and etc. Like forget all about the Wii U and blocking their games from being uploaded on Youtube, But what do you think, Is Nintendo dying?
I don't know to much about Nintendo these days, but I don't think they are especially with them bringing out a new console 2016 or maybe 2017.

Kayla Fox

Kayla Fox

Cool Chick
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know to much about Nintendo these days, but I don't think they are especially with them bringing out a new console 2016 or maybe 2017.
But the engine isn't even as strong as PS4 and Xbox One, so they just backed themselves into a corner.

7Sins Dweller

7Sins Dweller

The 7th Sinner
Experienced Veteran Gifter 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
I heard other wise. But, I'll believe you, Hopefully Nintendo doesn't fall. But theh have done stupid stuff.
They shall succeed especially if Square Enix works for them producing great games. Square Enix or Square as they were once called are one of my fav game companies.

Owl

Owl

Inhale, Exhale, Repeat.
Mythical Veteran MotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$

Nintendo will never die. It has some of the biggest game brands and is widley recognized world wide. They are constantly putting out new games for an array of devices to include the Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, IOS, etc. Just my two cents.

slingblade1170

slingblade1170

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nintendo is fine, many have forgotten them as they grew up or grown sick of them. They still are profitable and actually won the last gen war financially. Nintendo though has gotten some problems since the Wii U has been released. The system isn't selling well, third party give up on them and they have none of the cool features as Sony or MS does. The NX is Nintendo's way of getting back into the console war, if the rumors are true then this will be a very great system that could make the competition look weak. If the NX is what it seems like it will be then its a great strategy because Sony and MS are only a couple years in and they will be forced to compete with the NX for at least 5 more years.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think Nintendo is dying, but I would not say that it is on par with how it was a few years ago.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
They aren't really dying. It's more of the fact that their previous audience is grown up, and the current entertainment industry for video games has changed drastically in the last 5 years or so. That is why the Wii U had so much trouble at first since it came out at the perfect time, where gamers and all where looking for more then just platformers. Since we are all used to 3d open world games now.

To word this better, they aren't dying its just a matter of them adapting to the new and changes that the industry is used too.

Look at the new upcoming zelda, or xenoblade chronicles. Its happening and doing well. But unfortunetly its just a waiting game

Kayla Fox

Kayla Fox

Cool Chick
Reaction score
Sin$
They aren't really dying. It's more of the fact that their previous audience is grown up, and the current entertainment industry for video games has changed drastically in the last 5 years or so. That is why the Wii U had so much trouble at first since it came out at the perfect time, where gamers and all where looking for more then just platformers. Since we are all used to 3d open world games now.

To word this better, they aren't dying its just a matter of them adapting to the new and changes that the industry is used too.

Look at the new upcoming zelda, or xenoblade chronicles. Its happening and doing well. But unfortunetly its just a waiting game
I must get the new Xenoblade chronicles. Heard many good things about the first one :tongue:

GrandTheftAutoV

GrandTheftAutoV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The NES & SNES will always be talked about, So i disagree with the thread title

Justin

Justin

#mmNation
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2014 Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The answer is yes, because the number of Wii U consoles that are sold right now is at a terribly low number right now, but they aren't out of the game. They can still make a comeback with the NX system, whenever that drops (they said 2016) but if they do a bad job of marketing that thing to non nintendo fans, it's game over for nintendo. They can't afford for the NX to flop like the Wii U did (compared to the xbox and playstation)

Red58

Red58

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The answer is yes, because the number of Wii U consoles that are sold right now is at a terribly low number right now, but they aren't out of the game. They can still make a comeback with the NX system, whenever that drops (they said 2016) but if they do a bad job of marketing that thing to non nintendo fans, it's game over for nintendo. They can't afford for the NX to flop like the Wii U did (compared to the xbox and playstation)
I think you underestimate just HOW MUCH money they really have stockpiled. They're not likely going anywhere for a long time.

TeamUpGaming

TeamUpGaming

Reaction score
Sin$
I don't believe they're exactly dying at the present time, but if they continue with this same business plan and terrible marketing of games they are probably on a corse for disaster. They just don't appeal to the wider audience and if they can't get with the times then I personally believe they could be dead within the decade. And this is coming from a diehard fan, I love me some Nintendo. It sucks to see that they don't have the audience they once did, but it's really their own fault.

Top Bottom
Login
Register