Is Nintendo dying?

Discussion in 'Gaming Archive' started by Kayla Fox, Nov 11, 2015 with 77 replies and 3,650 views.

1. xiiflowx

xiiflowx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I think that they have been dying for a really long time and their WiiU didn't exactly help them. but they still have Pokémon and Mario games those games are and will always be my favorite Nintendo game

• Like Like x 1
  2. TeamUpGaming

TeamUpGaming Newbie

Ratings:
    That's the thing, they can definitely continue throwing Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon out there and people will always buy it. I just believe, like you said, they have been heading for disaster for too long. However, I am hopeful that maybe the NX will be amazing and bring more people into the Nintendo circle. Not holding my breath, but still hopeful haha.

3. Im Da Best

Im Da Best The next best thing... Retired

Ratings:
    I think Nintendo's upcoming console is going to decide the direction the company takes.
    If it's a flop, they'll likely just transition fully to handheld, since they're dominating that market.
    If it's a success, then it'll be business as usual.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Red58

Red58 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I'm still pissed that they're completely giving up on the Wii U, I have dumped a total of $800 in this thing thinking that they would eventually make it worth my while. They were going to upgrade the Wii U (not at the expense of the customer) to make it more powerful but then the one CEO guy (I wont bother trying to spell his name) died. So now people like me have a new nintendo console and its already being replaced. It's doubtful I will ever support another Nintendo console again.

5. 7Sins Dweller

7Sins Dweller The 7th Sinner

Ratings:
  6. OP
    Kayla Fox

Kayla Fox Cool Chick

Ratings:
    Yes. It is just stupid that they aren't gonna use the Wii U to its fullest. Like, what is the point of releasing Minecraft on the Wii U if you are just gonna leave it in the dust? The NX isn't even as powerful as the PS4 and Xbox One. The console is just gonna bomb. Sad to see a powerhouse of consoles back in the old days is now slowly degrading...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Red58

Red58 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    They may as well make like SEGA and just quick making home consoles altogether at this rate. If the NX is truly not as powerful as even the PS4, that means its just going to be another flop like the Wii U. No one likes having an under powered console, the XB1 and PS4 are already under powered, to wonder what the NX specs will be like is just mind boggling for this day in electronics.

Nintendo shouldn't be an isolationist company, in my opinion it just limits your opportunities as a business (especially when your hardware is running on old technology).

• Like Like x 2
  8. Pool

Pool Gone Swimming

Ratings:
    I haven't touched a Nintendo product since the Wii was just about dead. Nintendo is definitely dying.

9. OP
    Kayla Fox

Kayla Fox Cool Chick

Ratings:
    Yep, The powerhouse of the old days is dying.

10. 7Sins Dweller

7Sins Dweller The 7th Sinner

Ratings:
    I am correcting my self, in my comment on page one regarding how powerful the NX is, I should have put "it might be more powerful" etc.

I don't think Nintendo are dying. From what I have read, the NX might be more powerful the the PS4 and XB1.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  11. smelly02

smelly02 Xbox Forever

Ratings:
    They have the money to survive, but they can't compete with their competitors anymore.
    Wii U Unpopular, no videos

12. Red58

Red58 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    They actually started removing them all under like copyright claims and stuff. Game plays, commentaries, etc

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. BluesClues

BluesClues Banned

Ratings:
    yes it is because the next gen consoles are taking over ( ps4 , xbox one )

14. THE POWERD NERD

THE POWERD NERD Newbie

Ratings:
    I THINK NINTENDO IS GOING TO AMAZE US BY LOOKING AT PS4 XONE RELIZE THERES NO REASON TO WORRY CAUSE THEY WERE OUTDATED THE DAY THEY RELEASED[DOUBLEPOST=1452824259][/DOUBLEPOST]
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452824351][/DOUBLEPOST]
    AMEN TO THAT

15. Scarlett O Hara

Scarlett O Hara Newbie

Ratings:
    i mean i still play the pokemon games and others on my ds. i still think nintendo has a strong platform for hand helds compared to the rest.

16. Amnehaze

Amnehaze Se7enSins Stoner

Ratings:
    I would say that PSP is a more advanced hand held that reaches higher standards for today's wants.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Zelk

Zelk Hiding Both Face And Mind Retired

Ratings:
    The Sony handhelds have always been more powerful and advanced than Nintendo's, and still are to this day. The Vita is superior to the 3DS in many ways. But the big deciding difference is that Nintendo has a larger library of games, as well as their large titles they continue to regurgitate. (Pokemon, Zelda, Mario, etc.)
    The 3ds is more popular than the Vita because of the games available. Same thing with the PSP and DS. While the PSP had great games, it didn't have a lot of them and a lot were stand-alone titles.
    The DS on the other hand has many games, and a large variety. Plus the touchscreen was big deal back in the day. While the PSP may be more powerful, the DS will always be favored more.

18. daveftc

daveftc Newbie

Ratings:
    $350 mill 2015 are you mad?

19. Tfsfan

Tfsfan Enthusiast

Ratings:

The thing is, it's a better CONSOLE than the Xbox One, as the One is a very, problematic console, mainly remaining online in order to even use it, the Wii U however has GREAT games, and a really friendly community, I think Nintendo will stomp out M$ for sure, as for Sony, I can't say as I don't own a PS4.

20. Cellulose

Cellulose Composition C is my family

Ratings:
    I actually have been wondering the same exact thing in my head as well. After I thought about it for a while though I really don't believe they are "dying", I just believe they have games that are really pointless and they just want a quick profit from them. I believe the Nintendo DS was a great device at first, but over years and years of pretty much the same strategy games it seems to get old.