Is my computer broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads

Threads

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm starting to get a lot of lag on most games like CS:GO, etc. I have updated all display drivers and scanned my computer for any kind of viruses. Can anyone help? Also I get a ton of sound looping until it loads the menu.

LCYGfPv.png

Threads

Threads

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Also, I'm not running while playing the game.

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Check your background processes, scheduled tasks, etc.

SirEdwardCool

SirEdwardCool

The sexy beast
Hardened Veteran EotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Stop the amount of services on startup (using msconfig.exe)

Take a look at the resource monitor and see if when the games launched it's using all your hardware, or potentially what else is using all the hardware's resources.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
What OS are you running? And do you have ALL of the drivers updated? Including the motherboard/chipset ones?

Threads

Threads

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What OS are you running? And do you have ALL of the drivers updated? Including the motherboard/chipset ones?
Windows 10 but it was still happening on Windows 8.1 before I upgraded. Not all, I have no idea where I can get drivers for my motherboard since it's a custom build PC.
Stop the amount of services on startup (using msconfig.exe)

Take a look at the resource monitor and see if when the games launched it's using all your hardware, or potentially what else is using all the hardware's resources.
I stopped a lot of them before when I was trying to fix it a while ago but it didn't work.
Is it just Steam games?
I don't really play any games besides Steam games so I have no idea.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Windows 10 but it was still happening on Windows 8.1 before I upgraded. Not all, I have no idea where I can get drivers for my motherboard since it's a custom build PC.

I stopped a lot of them before when I was trying to fix it a while ago but it didn't work.

What's your motherboard model?

Forn

Forn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

You have nothing else but Steam? I want to rule out the Steam install.

I guess you auto upgraded from 8.1 to 10? Personally once I'd done the upgrade so all the components are now registered with Microsoft I do a clean install and get it all optimised.

And the motherboard was made by somebody all you need it the make and model to get the drivers.

SirEdwardCool

SirEdwardCool

The sexy beast
Hardened Veteran EotM
Reaction score
Sin$
You need to look and see what is running in the background before we can do anything. Resource Monitor will tell you this.

Have you got an antivirus running?

PorkMeatzz

PorkMeatzz

idk where my dog went
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe you got a defective driver(i dont know much on pc building) do u have a screenshot of your fps count?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register