• Thread starter R-A-T-C-H-E-T
  • Start date
  • Views 596
R-A-T-C-H-E-T

R-A-T-C-H-E-T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
First Sony started to get serious with modders/hackers, now Microsoft is getting serious. I can't seem to figure out which is worse between the two; Sony suing someone for modding their console or Microsoft banning all those that have been infected with mods. I personally think that both are idiotic. This is what Sony was thinking, 'Since Microsoft is making so much more money than us and has such a better online community, even though they pay for their service, why don't we go sue someone so we can pocket some cash and lose our reputation?' This is what Microsoft was thinking, 'Since Sony has such a bad reputation for suing people now, why don't we ban innocent gamers that join infected lobbies? Then after that maybe we will have a terrible reputation like Sony!' Now what does the community have to say about this?​

Real G 4 Life

Real G 4 Life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't compare what Microsoft did with what Sony did. Microsoft always does this, its not new.

Leering

Leering

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Bright Idea Fabled Veteran Tutorial Creator
Reaction score
Sin$
First Sony started to get serious with modders/hackers, now Microsoft is getting serious. I can't seem to figure out which is worse between the two; Sony suing someone for modding their console or Microsoft banning all those that have been infected with mods. I personally think that both are idiotic. This is what Sony was thinking, 'Since Microsoft is making so much more money than us and has such a better online community, even though they pay for their service, why don't we go sue someone so we can pocket some cash and lose our reputation?' This is what Microsoft was thinking, 'Since Sony has such a bad reputation for suing people now, why don't we ban innocent gamers that join infected lobbies? Then after that maybe we will have a terrible reputation like Sony!' Now what does the community have to say about this?​
Suing=/=Banning

Microsoft is banning cheaters I don't see an anything wrong with that. However Sony suing people just trying to do what they want with their consoles and not affecting anyone is else ridiculous, if Sony just banned cheaters then I would not see a problem with that either.

B

Board Message

Getting There
Free Hoster Experienced Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Nothing new, just another ban wave.. Sony f***ed over 77 million of their customers rendering them helpless and unable to access PSN.

Nou

Nou

Sarcastic Scotsman #2
Fabled Veteran Bright Idea Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
Microsoft don't ****ing sue you lol. We usually just Console ban, Permanently ban or just issue a 2 week cheating issue. We don't go around Suing people and stuff. Microsoft do this all the time. No-one complains but Sony are free so therefore they shouldn't need to Sue people. Anyway. Comparing Microsoft and Sony is a bad comparison.

KayJayEss

KayJayEss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No is the answer to your question.
They are just doing another ban wave which will only affect the people who have broken their terms of service.

R-A-T-C-H-E-T

R-A-T-C-H-E-T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This ban wave is not like the usual ones. They are banning innocent people that join into games that are fully infected.

Screwww

Screwww

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
When was the last time they did a ban wave and how long do they usually last? Ill plus rep

controler12

controler12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
When was the last time they did a ban wave and how long do they usually last? Ill plus rep

The last major ban wave was after the release of MW2, and it targeted those who used modified disk drives. This wave is a bit different from the last ban wave. The length usually varies. The last one went for a while and banned anyone who had signed on with a modded disk drive. My best guess is that the wave will end once MW2 is patched.

1nfam0us

XBlackChaosX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Microsoft will always be better than Sony.

I agree with this aswell. I was not aware that M$ ban people for joining infected lobbies accidentally, i mean there is no way of determining whether an accident or not so m$ should not ban people for that.

D

-Droid-

Reaction score
Sin$
Ya well you have to think microsoft will always be better than sony....
you can hack sony with a usb and anonymous took down there freaking servers for like 2 weeks
microsoft is banning people because the see they are ruining the game....
both outragous but microsoft=not as bad as sony

Top Bottom
Login
Register