What's new

Discussion Is Microsoft Hiring for the Next Xbox?

• Thread starter Life
  • Start date
  • Views 1,360
Josef Stalin

Josef Stalin

Retired
Retired
MotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
I couldn't see it happening. The world ends in 2012.
Seriously... What is this world coming to?

OT: I would be happy to see a new Xbox console out with new features like blu-ray players to make Xbox an obvious choice for a console.

Pedophile

TigerBlood

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
First off, all the consoles could use a graphics overhaul. Console gaming can't even come close to PC gaming graphics wise, although graphics aren't everything. Second, Microsoft has said they expect the 360 going into 2015 with the release of Kinect. I guess Sony has said the same, but I'm sure that was before they made a fool of themselves, again. I can see Microsoft wanting to develop their new console for several reasons. One because I'm sure they want it to reliable, but also because with the PS3 slipping under, Sony might try and pump out a new console to get the spotlight off the PS3. If Sony does that, Microsoft will want to be able to answer it with a new console of their own. The biggest reason is obviously that they want to be prepared for anything. Even if they don't plan on releasing it until 2015, they'll want the option to release it earlier of it needs to happen.

Illusory

TROLOLOLOLOLOL

Getting There
Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
It's no need for a new console.. All they can offer is upgraded hardware. Microsoft have just started to explore what the xbox 360 is capable of.

O

outlyingsuperset

That's Jimmy.
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree with you 100% there, even though we're all going to die before 2013 :lol:

But if Microsoft don't believe in the end of the world, I'd say they were getting a head start this time round, allowing them to push their console out before Sony/Nintendo, but also giving them time to PROPERLY test these new machines.. They wouldn't want another RRoD scenario now, would they? :rolleyes:

This also means their security will be top notch, with all the extra time they will have it will be near impenetrable, and even though we've managed to take control of the 360 now thanks to the jtag hack, this ALL stemmed from a SINGLE exploit back in the KK exploit days. If not for that exploit we wouldn't have all these nice CON signers, or have the Jtag hack readily available :wink:

There will always be a flaw in every console...

Top Bottom
Login
Register