• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
SupremeCippy

SupremeCippy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
is Microsoft going to far what do you think and i don't mean console banned because of burnt games.

edit: new example. your bio says "ms is gay" and you get cb

edit 2: like i said above if u can read "i don't mean console banned because of burnt games" im talking about getting cb for something that doesn't require mods.

edit3: ok this is my point say your put something on your bio that is inappropriate and u get cb. now think is that a little far.

O

ODST DUTCH

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
no,because avatar mods etc etc are all breaking the tos that you agreed to when you signed up for xbl.<_<

punkskater2448

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
No. Did you seriously just ask if they are going to far by console banning you for playing burnt games? You are breaking and editing their product. They state all this in their TOS. They are not going to far, honestly I don't think they have gone far enough.

SupremeCippy

SupremeCippy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
ODST DUTCH said:
no,because avatar mods etc etc are all breaking the tos that you agreed to when you signed up for xbl.<_<
i know that im just give examples. but a console banned would be a little far. its not hurting anyone is it.
punkskater2448 said:
No. Did you seriously just ask if they are going to far by console banning you for playing burnt games?
read the post.
supremecippy said:
is Microsoft going to far what do you think and i don't mean console banned because of burnt games. i mean console banned for bs like a avatar color mods.

Modified

Modified

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
punkskater2448 said:
No. Did you seriously just ask if they are going to far by console banning you for playing burnt games? You are breaking and editing their product. They state all this in their TOS. They are not going to far, honestly I don't think they have gone far enough.
I think he means that he is not talking about console bans for burnt games, but banning for things such as avatar mods.

Either way, you're breaking their ToS. They have the right to ban you if you mod, end of story. The only thing that would lead me to believe Microsoft is taking it too far was if they began to ban people for no reason at all.

rocky11185

rocky11185

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
From what I've been hearing, MS is coming out with a new addon to the bans that pretty much nukes your HDD. This is something that I saw while on my UnleashX dashboard for my original XBOX.

Killer Austin

Killer Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
supremecippy said:
i know that im just give examples. but a console banned would be a little far. its not hurting anyone is it.

read the post.
Are you stupid of course it hurting someone your stealing from the game developers by downloading games for free and then you play them early come on.

I

ID0NTuseMODZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
supremecippy said:
is Microsoft going to far what do you think and i don't mean console banned because of burnt games. i mean console banned for bs like a avatar color mods.

edit: new example. your bio says "ms is gay" and you get cb
Put it this way say you wear like a developer of Halo ok and ya every game someone buys it goes to you lets just say and you were making millions and millions k. Anyway well what if you were developing the game and then all of a sudden you started making like less money like your check went from $1Million to $500.

Ok so please tell me wouldn't you be pissed by spending all that time on the game and your getting little in return becuase of people like us are downloading there games and also modding them and the people that do BUY IT are like **** this there modding/cheating cmon man like you can't sit there and say it's not hurting Microsoft and Game Developers. You deserve the Console Ban in many ways.

J

Jebus Saves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
rocky11185 said:
From what I've been hearing, MS is coming out with a new addon to the bans that pretty much nukes your HDD. This is something that I saw while on my UnleashX dashboard for my original XBOX.
My brother's friend and his other friend's "customer" got banned today. Apparently all their saves are corrupted and they can't install games to their hard drives anymore. Is that what you're talking about?

rocky11185

rocky11185

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I saw this on the Dashboard and all it said is about nuking your HDD so that's probably what happened to them.

Headshots 1125

Headshots 1125

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Oleh said:
isnt that damage to your property though?
In the TOS they point it out that its basically not yours.

rocky11185

rocky11185

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You're pretty much renting an xbox, never really owning or fully purchasing one. Kinda sucks too but MS finds way to get anything they want.

trtl

trtl

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Forum Addict Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow quit with all this BS about how "They go too far" and "MS SUX".

This is their product, you **** with it, you pay the consequences. It's that simple. Whenever you mod, you know what can happen, so don't ***** about it when it does. It's so annoying when people whine about how 'I GAWT BAYUND, CRY WITH ME' when it is completely and utterly 100% their own doing. <_<

/endrant

19XX

19XX

Modder Hardened Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Anything you do on XBL that isn't actually enabled by MS/XBL themselves is against the rules and you know that when you do it so getting caught is a risk you are agreeing to take when you flash your xbox, put something offensive in your bio/motto/ etc or something like that. Its your own fault and everybody knows that before they do something that if they get caught its your own fault. So my opinion is no MS is not going too far at all.

SupremeCippy

SupremeCippy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Killer Austin said:
Are you stupid of course it hurting someone your stealing from the game developers by downloading games for free and then you play them early come on.
read the post. it said.
and i dont mean console banned for Burt games

Z

zimbot

Reaction score
Sin$
No, we use their service and agree to the rules; therefore, if we break them then we should pay the consequences. Sure, if you use their service then you might not like what they do but look at it from their point of view.

T

tactr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
FYI, it's unethical for them to fry a HDD. It's just disabling game Dls to the harddrive. Not a fried HD. Also, all gamertag and game saves CAN become corrupted by the ban...So what. Were they legit or modded in the first place?

If you mod anything, you can get banned...and more than likely if you pass the next two waves, they'll find a way to ban you in the third one.

If you don't want to get banned, don't hack. I don't :smile:

Sol Invictus

scopen4

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
People really need to take the time to actually read the post.

J

Johnodd4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Really yes and no.

Let me explain what i mean.

yes!!

1. Microsoft decides to rig the zune player to the console to play video.

2. Microsoft riggs all content to the zune video player software.

3. Microsoft decides to not allow third party products soon those wired controllers that are cheap will go bye bye and you will have to spend 59.99 for a controller.

No!!!

1. Microsoft need's Stronger banning techniques.

2. Microsoft need's to be able to detect stealth patches which are destroying games like halo 3 halo 3: odst madden 10.

My own opinion.

Microsoft needs to crack down on pirates for illegal games they are currently destroying online play for everyone when a player decides to use stealth patches to always keep the ball in madden 10 and teleport behind a player in halo 3 or using illegal hard drives as well.

You really need to use inteligence when thinking about this because it just a matter of time before microsoft changes the firmware and locks users out of the console oh wait they just did that with the call of duty mw2 package.

eventually microsoft will find the illegal hard drive's and hacks and mods

it just depends on what ban comes next??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register