• Start date
  • Views 1,871
Patrick

Patrick

Tattooed White Trash
Stickied Contest Sponsor Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you guys think K/D is still a thing people care about? What do you think? Personally I don't care about anymore since I play only on weekends now.

I

iiFuzerr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Saying that it doesn't matter is bullsh*it as it is a good tool to measure you with others and it says a lot about your skill.

Dont Do Lean

Dont Do Lean

Minnesota sports franchises are cursed
End of the Year 2018
Reaction score
Sin$
Saying that it doesn't matter is bullsh*it as it is a good tool to measure you with others and it says a lot about your skill.
This is incorrect. Someone could be boosting and have a high K/D, and since there is no way to tell you can't use it to gauge skill. It's useless now.

Aydind

Aydind

VIP
VIP
Retired
Bright Idea Reporter Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
The only thing that should matter is winning.

Boar

Boar

'This Is The Way'
Mythical Veteran Stickied Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Nobody can see it so nobody cares
You can compare games and check peoples KDR
The only thing that should matter is winning.
I care about both WL and KD. It doesnt take skill to win a majority of the time, usually if you play with a squad you'll win. However playing solo and maintaining a high KD does.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Not per se. If someone only plays objective game types like War or Domination, K/D is not as important as playing the objective.

I think it is a personal thing. K/D matters to some people, but not to all people.

Aydind

Aydind

VIP
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
You can compare games and check peoples KDR

I care about both WL and KD. It doesnt take skill to win a majority of the time, usually if you play with a squad you'll win. However playing solo and maintaining a high KD does.
My thought process was competitively, K/D doesn't matter honestly. I feel, if a player goes negative, but is a huge part of the W by playing objective based, that's the only thing that should matter.

Overall, it's essentially how you play the game. Different people care about different things. A super casual player wouldn't give a **** about their K/D, but a serious player would. At the end of the day, you play to matches to win. People playing an objective based gamemode like hardpoint, camp and run along the edges of the map preserving their 6 K/D losing every game for what? They could have the 6 K/D, but when they have a W/L under 1 it ain't impressive imo.

Boar

Boar

'This Is The Way'
Mythical Veteran Stickied Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
My thought process was competitively, K/D doesn't matter honestly. I feel, if a player goes negative, but is a huge part of the W by playing objective based, that's the only thing that should matter.

Overall, it's essentially how you play the game. Different people care about different things. A super casual player wouldn't give a **** about their K/D, but a serious player would. At the end of the day, you play to matches to win. People playing an objective based gamemode like hardpoint, camp and run along the edges of the map preserving their 6 K/D losing every game for what? They could have the 6 K/D, but when they have a W/L under 1 it ain't impressive imo.
I feel yeah. Luckily I normally play with a full team or with AzzidReign and we can keep them both above a 2

Aydind

Aydind

VIP
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I feel yeah. Luckily I normally play with a full team or with AzzidReign and we can keep them both above a 2
Oh yea, if you play with a squad you can absolutely dumpster people. Odds are when you squad up are you win 99% of the time and in the process of ******** on them you have a high K/D anyways lol.

Ryan

Ryan

Retired
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Santa's Helper Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
For me, K/D doesn’t mean anything of importance. I play objectively, therefore I’m more about W/L Ratio than anything.

Although K/D used to matter me back in the Modern Warfare 2 days when everyone was able to see it on the Leaderboards. Sad, I know.

Qui Gon

Qui Gon

Strongest creature on Earth
Chatty Kathy Seasoned Veteran Gifter
Reaction score
Sin$
I mean if no one can see it then why would it really matter

reaper0369

reaper0369

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Back in mw2 days that was the ****

To campers I suppose it was. Our team was all rushers, had mediocre k/d (1.8 ish) but didn’t care. Winning is what mattered to us. And still does. As for WWII the only ones I hear yapping about k/d in lobbies are campers.

Vegeta

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Super Moderators
VIP
MotM Trifecta Diamonds Are Forever
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I was really pationate about CoD and thats when I ran with a squad (GooN, mT, o, and Re) in MW2, BO1, BO2, Ghosts, and MW3. K/D mattered, in the moment... You enter a lobby and my six-man team would scope out the best players in the lobby so for example if there was a lobby full of scrubs and theres one dude with a 3.14 K/D then we would have to watch out for him. If we entered a lobby and the opposing team is an entire squad who all have 2.0+, it means we're in for a real fun match.

A lot of the times I would get messages and threats during the in-game lobby from opposing players because I've always been good at CoD, my K/D has always been above a 6.0 and people leave the match because of that. Its not my fault, call me a tryhard, call me a booster, a modder, whatever you want to call me. I earned my stats and I take pride in knowing I was the best in the entire world not once, not twice, not three times either, but several times.

K/D doesnt matter anymore, its useless, K/D is so diluted and that comes in part from the newer generation of consoles (PS4/X1) and the facts that CoD games have changed, its less about killstreaks and offense but more about the objective and assists. Nobody likes being a floater, nobody wants to be told by the squad leader "x run UAVS, Counters, and Blackbird" because it limits your potential but thats all people run theses days now..

Skepta

Skepta

Go on then, Go on then
VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2017 Platinum Record Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I care about both WL and KD.
I'm with Boar on caring about both, although anyone can sit in a corner and keep a high k/d, and anyone can be carried by his mates every single game.

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
K/D will always still be a thing and this will keep coming back up.

Anyways, I've never really cared for a K/D on CoD because it doesn't prove anything.

Negan

Negan

"Eenie, meenie, miney, moe"
Experienced Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Greeter
Reaction score
Sin$
k/D really dosent matter, i play alot of hardcore and i do good, thats all i care about

Top Bottom
Login
Register