What's new

Discussion Is it worth it to update to 8?

• Thread starter joeykeys268
  • Start date
  • Views 475
joeykeys268

joeykeys268

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm wondering is it worth for me to upgrade to Windows 8 from 7. I care more about performance wise. Windows 8 was supposed to come out with a ton of api.s but im skeptical that they made a difference. What would be the benefits of switching and will i still be able to run all my games ive been running on windows 7

Operating System
  1. Windows
OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

cyan:wave2:Buying burnt food!
Retired
Lifetime
AzzidReign Jr End of the Year 2012 Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I've heard Windows 8 isn't very good for gaming. But i didn't hear it from a very reliable source =P

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

cyan:wave2:Buying burnt food!
Retired
Lifetime
AzzidReign Jr End of the Year 2012 Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I wouldnt get why though
I dunno. Same reasons as vista maybe?

But in my opinion, Windows 8 was Microsoft's way of forcing people to buy apps. Because Windows Phones aren't the most popular =P

deactivated_1

hdshatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Its same as 7 or better for most games fps wise since they optimized it a little more, there are a couple games that don't work on it idk what they are.

deactivated_1

hdshatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think it was more the fact that Microsoft literally just got out of a restriction order that expired this year which prevented them from doing a lot of things, so they are just trying to jump head first into the market

So theres no reason to change then
Basically its a better optimized windows 7 that they got rid of the start button and put the "metro" thing on.

Andzrej

Drumej

Contributor
Hardened Veteran Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm wondering is it worth for me to upgrade to Windows 8 from 7. I care more about performance wise. Windows 8 was supposed to come out with a ton of api.s but im skeptical that they made a difference. What would be the benefits of switching and will i still be able to run all my games ive been running on windows 7
You should still be able to run your games. Windows 8 is great, it just takes a little bit of getting used to.

kremington

kremington

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You should be fine, I haven't had any problems with games not working on 8. But just to be sure, what games do you play?

joeykeys268

joeykeys268

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You should be fine, I haven't had any problems with games not working on 8. But just to be sure, what games do you play?

Farcry 3
Borderlands 2
DayZ
WarZ
NFSMW
NFSW
Minecraft
Dishonored
AC3
Arma II
Anything off thepiratebay

broduer40

broduer40

Reaction score
Sin$
I have Windows 8 Pro, It is AMAZING, but for gaming not at all, Barely any games work on it atm, I am impressed with the performance but like I said you may be able to play 2 out of all the games you have right now. Minecraft I know for sure does not work, All steam games dont work.

When I learn more I will update this post. I heard they are working on getting all of our games on windows 8 platform.

Cameron

Cameron

Audiophile
Fabled Veteran Donator Bright Idea
Reaction score
Sin$
I just got a new computer with Windows 8. I gotta say, the change is a little daunting at first, but once you get used to it, it's actually pretty awesome. The last computer I owned had Windows Vista. So, I've used 7 on occasion, but essentially I upgraded from Vista.

I haven't gotten too much into the apps, but the IE 8 app is pretty killer. I've used Chrome for a long time now, but this new app has converted me: I actually use Internet Explorer now! I've had no problems with gaming, they actually all run pretty well. In my experience, it's worth the upgrade.

T

someguy6322

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well right before windows 8 came out i downloaded the release preview, and I like things like the new task manager. I find it to be faster than windows 7. I am actually still running the release preview! shhhh

T

someguy6322

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have Windows 8 Pro, It is AMAZING, but for gaming not at all, Barely any games work on it atm, I am impressed with the performance but like I said you may be able to play 2 out of all the games you have right now. Minecraft I know for sure does not work, All steam games dont work.

When I learn more I will update this post. I heard they are working on getting all of our games on windows 8 platform.
Is there no compatibility mode?

kremington

kremington

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Uhhh, No? I've had no problem with any games on Steam so far. If they worked with Windows 7, they should work with 8 (I have heard of some exceptions, but not many).

Top Bottom
Login
Register