What's new

Discussion Is it worth buying a PS3 in 2019?

• Thread starter smelly02
  • Start date
  • Views 6,948
smelly02

smelly02

Xbox Forever
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello sinners of the PS3 forums,
Been a while since I posted, and I have always wondered this question. I have always wanted to own a Playstation though I'm an xbox fanboy at heart (I own the 360 and the one) but I never was against buying a PS3. Never owned one because of the price, friends being on xbox, and unaware of the exclusives for this system. So now with the obvious drops in price, do you guys think it would be worth it to pick up a used playstation 3 from a friend or seller online? Would it cost a lot of money to buy a jailbroken one and mod? Lemme know! Thanks!

K

K3LL0GSkid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3vmXrFPOxA
Legendary Veteran Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I think it's worth it. Will all the games PS3 has to offer, not to mention the jailbreaking scene becoming more easy with a web hack now, you'd be silly to not give it a whirl.

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
ps3 is good for exclusives and free multiplayer. But some of multiplats on ps3 are a bit lacking in graphics and performance.

You would be amazed how good GT6 looks on ps3, even gt sport don't have real time lighting system.

MylesWGaming

MylesWGaming

Hello
Reaction score
Sin$
It is worth it if you like modding and playing older games. I sold my ps4 to get my ps3 so I can have fun modding, play old OG games, and not have to worry when my PS Plus is over.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I bought my PS3 just to play Demon’s Souls. There’s a bunch of other exclusives I plan on picking up at some point as well.

K

kinglopesz

Reaction score
Sin$
I bought a used ps3 slim about a month ago and i modded it just for GTA 5 ! Its awesome and play GTA more on the ps3 than ps4 lolol almost feels like I abandoned the poor thing lol

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It is worth it if you like modding and playing older games. I sold my ps4 to get my ps3 so I can have fun modding, play old OG games, and not have to worry when my PS Plus is over.
Hey wait so it's like you sold your cadillac to buy a pinto?

OP: it all depends on what you are wanting out of it. If you wish to mod with it then its not a bad thing to buy one.
If you are looking for a new way of gaming then best bet would be to purchase a ps4...(but you state you have an xbox one so really no need)
These older consoles will soon be obsolete and very few will be online with them at all. If I was you I would wait a bit and save some money since it is likely the new consoles from microsoft will be hitting the shelves around christmas time.
I tend to leave the old for the new as I typically play online. I still own a ps3 and a 360 but they just sit on a shelf. If you pay any more than 20 bucks you overpaid.
If you are looking for something to play different games on then save a bit more money and get a ps4. At least it is current.

IchiGana

IchiGana

Reaction score
Sin$
With jailbreaked ps3 you allow to play ps1/2/psp games. So its 4 consoles in one. Its crazy easy to jailbreak. I was have modded 360 for 10 years, and bought ps3 month ago For 45 euro. Absolutely love ps3 now, have complete immediately mgs4, connect to psn, enjoy again last of us mp, and yeee, its a lot of fun.

B

Brown Jello

Reaction score
Sin$
Do it. They're cheap. Even if you get one with a broken DVD drive that is an inexpensive and easy fix. I think all in mine cost ~$30 or something. Worth it!

Top Bottom
Login
Register