What's new

Unsolved Is it true that I can replace the 80GB PS3's HDD with a larger laptop drive?

• Thread starter Soviet France
  • Start date
  • Views 570
S

Soviet France

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a PS3, before I get the PS4. (I'm dropping Microsoft's consoles for personal reasons.)

If I were to buy the phat 80GB versions of the console, since they're cheap, would I be able to replace the HDD with a 1TB laptop HDD?

I want to know before I go out and buy something.
(Don't flame me for not looking at YouTube, I've had a bad experience from a troll and I don't trust most YouTube videos about hardware modification anymore.)

X

xRareCandy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes you can :smile: In all PS3 Console's you can replace the Hard-drive quite easily :tongue:
For the Hard-drive, it needs to be a 2.5inch Hard-drive. But personally, I won't buy a 80GB Console, I would but the 12GB Super Slim and replace that with the 1TB. That's what I plan to do anyway next week with my own console :smile: Swap the hard-drives and jailbreak my old console :tongue:
But if you want to jailbreak your console, you will need the 80GB hard-drive :smile: As super slim cannot be downgraded and jailbroken :smile:
Hope this helps xD

S

Soviet France

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeez....The 12GB Super Slim you mentioned is over $200 on Amazon...

I think I'll just go with the phat 80GB, I don't care too much for jailbreaking.
Thanks for the answer!

X

xRareCandy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$200?! I'm buying mine second hand for €90! :L Anyway good luck :smile: and if you need any help just ask :tongue:

Top Bottom