Is it possible to rewire an xbox 360 controller...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Hardware Customizations' started by jhitman, Aug 3, 2011 with 6 replies and 2,448 views.

1. jhitman

jhitman Thanks DirtyBear for the premium!

Ratings:
    Like switch the wiring between the control stick and dpad? Possibly make it where the stick ONLY has 4 direct inputs (left, right, up, down) instead of like 100 different inputs. Anybody who mods controllers could answer this for me please? I hateee the dpad but want to use the analog stick in the same way the dpad responses- this is for one of the games i play all the time.

2. DiiSHoNoR

DiiSHoNoR Contributor

Ratings:
    the inside of a controller isnt seperated/controlled with wires. its a circuit board

3. MikeLawry

MikeLawry Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    No because the dpad is imprinted onto the board, ware as switching the anolg stick around is possible.
    Ie left stick looks around and right stick moves.

4. OP
    jhitman

jhitman Thanks DirtyBear for the premium!

Ratings:
    Aww damnit. Thanks for the responses anyway.

5. Razputin

Razputin Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It's almost impossible and the d-pad has 8 inputs up and down right and left and all four diagonals, and its possible, I found a tut awhile back that told you the power points to solder to wires so you could interrupt the electrical signal to 're-arrange' the controller... it was overly complicated and idk where it is now. sorry :frown:

6. Comrade

Comrade Crusty Old Dude Retired

Ratings:
    Its not possible. The only thing you can get close to that is just adding extra buttons to the controller.

7. NoHacksAllowed

NoHacksAllowed Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Sorry that this is old as hell but if ur still around and willing to do the project u can

U will need
    A spare xbox controller
    a good arduino
    Solder skills
    Soldering iron
    Solder
    Wire
    Skills
    A computer
    Probably no life for the next 2 - 3 days (like me)

Arduinos are pretty easy to learn how to use one.just do research if u dont know how.
    You will need to desoulder all the pins below your joystick
    Modifications might be needed to the controller to make the pin holes a bit bigger
    but u will have to be real careful and use a solder sucker(look that up) when desoldering your pins on your joystick. Make sure there is no solder from the joystick touching the board so and wire using tiny wires to each solder pad under the joystick and add wire to the tips of the joystick pins plug em into the arduino learn how to use the arduino application obviously and u will be all set I have done this in the past and have done it to the triggers but I did have to modify the board a bit u can also hook other stuff up like mods :smile: and then make it smaller with microchips

Anyways If your still around or anyone sees this it was first seen here on se7ensins by dr nha modz :smile: