What's new

Solved Is it possible to remove the Lifeguard Granger's livery or surfing board?

C

Commander_Cj

Reaction score
How can we remove the Livery & Surfing Board on the Lifeguard using the current Benny's Merge glitch?

For those who doesn't know, if you merge the Lifeguard with a car with a different color, the color will not change. Only the wheels. Because it has a yellow livery surrounding all of it.

Also the surfing board it is pretty annoying if you are going for a Police/FIB build.

If you are concerned about saving it, then I guess you can save it by putting in the Mobile Operations Center (MOC).

I searched forums for a hole hour and didn't find an answer, nor someone who has done it on console. Yes I am on Console, we can't mod there. I don't need modding related solutions.
------------------------------------------------------

P.S This is my first time posting here, if I am posting in the wrong section please tell me.

N

Navy Davey

☠️Rebel Without a Pause☠️
Super Moderators
Reaction score
You can’t remove the surfboard with any means when merging.
You can’t even do so on PC with Mods.
If you want a Granger without the surfboard just merge a normal Granger.
It won’t have the Lifeguard Livery but that is your only option.

C

Commander_Cj

Reaction score

Maybe I didn't explain properly, my hole plan was to get a matte black Granger but I want the sirens on the top of it. That is why I want the Lifeguard Granger's livery removed so I can make it matte black and turn on the sirens.

Yup it seems like the surfboard isn't even a modification, it is from the base vehicle model.

Yeah so, I already have a matte black Granger and I am in love with it, because it fits 8 people and it is fast. But, I want to have the Lifeguard's sirens and I guess they are not merge-able. So, instead I want to merge the lifeguard with another car to remove it's livery, but I don't know what car.

The surfboard isn't really annoying, I just want to remove the livery.

Thank you so much for your reply!

N

Navy Davey

Super Moderators
Reaction score
As you have already noticed the paint isn’t removable and neither is the Livery.
The best I could do was to merge it with a worn colored car to give the Livery a matte finish.
I would love a Noose/FIB Granger as well but unfortunately it’s blacklisted at this time.

C

Commander_Cj

Reaction score
Alright, I guess we have to wait for some kind of a cops n' crooks DLC to get our cop vehicles.

One last thing, do you know where I can request custom crew colors? I've been looking for the thread which people request crew colors in here. But, I couldn't find it.

I've done a FIB outfit with a FIB crew emblem, though I am missing a T-shirt only and I want its color to be "Navy blue" as the one in game, I tried so many crew colors but I didn't find such a basic color.

I also would like to let you know that, Rockstar seems like to have Locked crew emblems on Track Jackets. It was working in 2017 I guess, but I can't put a crew emblem on any kind of track jackets(PS4), the option to do so is locked. Although, I can put my emblem on basically anything else. (I went for a navy blue bomber jacket for the FIB outfit if you are wondering.)

Should I keep this post "Unsolved" or I should make it "Solved" even though technically it is not?

Thank you again!

N

Navy Davey

Super Moderators
Reaction score
Editing crew colors is easy enough if you have your own crew.
It’s just trial and error if you are using the color palette that’s supplied when changing your crew color.
I do believe you can just enter the hex code for the color as well if not in the supplied editor on Social Club you can use “inspect element” to do so.
There are a couple of threads concerning crew color pertaining to cars floating around here.
Here is a thread that could steer you in the right direction:

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/gta-crew-color-collection.1779228/

As far as your original support topic goes this has been solved as the answer is that you can’t take the surfboard off, remove the Livery or change the color of the Lifeguard Granger.

Last edited:
C

Commander_Cj

Reaction score
Alright, thank you very much!

N

Native Pride 1988

Native Pride
Premium
Reaction score
I have modded Lifeguard from my friend for GCTF. And it can't change painting, right?

N

Navy Davey

Super Moderators
Reaction score
I have modded Lifeguard from my friend for GCTF. And it can't change painting, right?
No you can’t change paint or Livery.
The only way to change the license plate text is with a magic spot.
You can put Yanktons on it by merging but you will still have whatever the stick plate text is.

N

Native Pride 1988

Native Pride
Premium
Reaction score
No you can’t change paint or Livery.
The only way to change the license plate text is with a magic spot.
You can put Yanktons on it by merging but you will still have whatever the stick plate text is.
No problem brother.
Yea I have yankton plate on Lifeguard and Benny Rims on Lifeguard.

C

Commander_Cj

Reaction score
Well, by merging I was able to give it F1 wheels, limo tint windows, and black matte color; only to give its livery a matte finish, it is still yellow.

And it also gained some upgrades such as max transmission, max engine, and max armor. (For some reason brakes didn't apply to any other cars I merged the same day.)

Top Bottom