What's new

Solved Is it possible to flash LT+3.0 when writing new NAND to JTAG/RGH

FatPhony

FatPhony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So as far as i know, when updating your xbox, you will also write new FW to the dvd drive, but i thought if it was possible to hack the DVD FW in XeBuild and when flashing the new updated nand, it would automatically your DVD drive with LT+3.0, As far as it seems its possible, and if so can anybody contact the creator of XeBuild and ask him?
This would make flashing DVD Drives lots easier on RGH and JTAG's

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
So as far as i know, when updating your xbox, you will also write new FW to the dvd drive, but i thought if it was possible to hack the DVD FW in XeBuild and when flashing the new updated nand, it would automatically your DVD drive with LT+3.0, As far as it seems its possible, and if so can anybody contact the creator of XeBuild and ask him?

Pretty sure the answer is no.

You're not writing a new FW to the DVD Drive when you update it through XeBuild. All you're doing is writing the DVD Key, and the type of DVD Drive. 
HuskerHeaven HuskerHeaven can probably give you the write answer tho.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
The firmware on the drive is different then the nand on the xbox. When writing to the nand, that is all that you are doing. Now, when xbox releases an update, it is possible for it to include other stuff, like a DVD firmware. But Xebuild does not do any one that. Its only for the nand.