What's new

Solved Is it okay if I update my Xbox?

L

llefri

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and to the Xbox 360 scene. Recently I acquired an Xbox 360 from a child (I bought the Xbox) and he told me that his Xbox has LT 3.0. I don't know nothing else from the Xbox (which DVD drive it has not anything else). I play backup games via DVDs, and I can play games like mafia 2, assassin's Creed rogue and FIFA 16.

When I connect the Xbox to internet, I receive a message saying the there's an available update. But I don't know if it's okay to do that update. I don't mind not being able to play on Xbox live, I mean, I don't mind being banned. Also, in the system information it says the following:

D: 2.0.17489.0
K: 2.0.17489.0
BK: 2.0.1888.0
E: 0AB2-D22E-ADA3-F2A0
X: 609A-2587-1159-FBEB

I asked the kid I bought the Xbox from, and he said that if I update the Xbox I will lose the "chip". But I don't think he knew much about it though.

I would really appreciate your help. Sorry, I don't know much about what I'm talking about.

Connor

Connor

Hi :3
Retired
Grammar Nazi Stickied FotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and to the Xbox 360 scene. Recently I acquired an Xbox 360 from a child (I bought the Xbox) and he told me that his Xbox has LT 3.0. I don't know nothing else from the Xbox (which DVD drive it has not anything else). I play backup games via DVDs, and I can play games like mafia 2, assassin's Creed rogue and FIFA 16.

When I connect the Xbox to internet, I receive a message saying the there's an available update. But I don't know if it's okay to do that update. I don't mind not being able to play on Xbox live, I mean, I don't mind being banned. Also, in the system information it says the following:

D: 2.0.17489.0
K: 2.0.17489.0
BK: 2.0.1888.0
E: 0AB2-D22E-ADA3-F2A0
X: 609A-2587-1159-FBEB

I asked the kid I bought the Xbox from, and he said that if I update the Xbox I will lose the "chip". But I don't think he knew much about it though.

I would really appreciate your help. Sorry, I don't know much about what I'm talking about.
The newest update is 17511 so NO

Updating the Xbox will brick it if you do it through Xbox Live.

You need to flash a new nand through xebuild

Follow this tutorial for instructions

Edit:

If this is just a flashed xbox then you're safe to update. The above is for RGH's.

L

llefri

Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you for your response!

What could have meant the kid when he said that I shouldn't update the Xbox? Isn't there any chance that something may 'break' when I update it? Besides of the ban on Xbox live.

Connor

Connor

Hi :3
Retired
Grammar Nazi Stickied FotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you for your response!

What could have meant the kid when he said that I shouldn't update the Xbox? Isn't there any chance that something may 'break' when I update it? Besides of the ban on Xbox live.
I just think the 'kid' didn't understand what LT 3.0 is/does. It's a modification to the DVD drive and is not patchable by XBL and if it is they aren't bothering to do it.

As for being banned, that is also extremely unlikely (1% chance).

Nothing can break when updating.

Top Bottom
Login
Register