What's new

Solved Is it normal for an RGHd 360 to take about a minute or two to fully turn off?

C

Chrushev

Reaction score
Sin$
I havent used a 360 in almost 10 years, I noticed that all the RGH boxes once you press power to turn off take a good minute or two to shut off (meanwhile the front LED pulsates every 5 seconds or so). Is this normal? I dont remember 360 doing it when I used it in like 2010.

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
it does it to me, sometime it turn off immediately. maybe it manages files before completely turns off. I would not force shutdown the console, since it can damage hdd?

at this point we know that console enters low power mode at this particular case, but for what reason. There is possibility to disable background downloading and could solve this problem.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/flashing-green-light-on-power-button

Last edited:
Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
disabling background downloads will solve the pulsing rol led and fans spinning after powering down. It's one of the first things I do after finishing one.

Fogel

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
Sin$
This happens. Disabling background downloads may help. Just hit it once, then hold it down and it will shut off.

Top Bottom
Login
Register