What's new

Solved Is it just me who never gets a simple RGH process?

Is it just me who never gets a simple RGH process?

• Total voters
H

handsomepigeonzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Every video I see on Youtube, they do it so seamlessly. No resoldering, weird unknown errors, black screens etc. It's so frustrating. I've spent so much money trying to glitch 1 Xbox and I've ****ed every single one up some way somehow and it's never been a simple process. So, help me feel like I'm not the only one.

Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Every video I see on Youtube, they do it so seamlessly. No resoldering, weird unknown errors, black screens etc. It's so frustrating. I've spent so much money trying to glitch 1 Xbox and I've ****ed every single one up some way somehow and it's never been a simple process. So, help me feel like I'm not the only one.
First 2 I Every Did I Screwed Up, That’s Was 7 Years And Around 3200 + Consoles Ago Though.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I think I also screwed up 2 in the beginning before getting the hang of it. But now I can do them in less than 30 minutes with no issues at all. It just takes practice with your soldering, you'll get it! :smile:

rynax

rynax

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It's not for everyone, not for normal people.

You need good soldering iron/station, a lot of study and practice.

If you havent done console modding before and have no or little soldering experience, the chances you kill the console is very high, you might need to kill one or two before you can do it successfully (I killed one and a half when I tried several years ago.)

It seems 2 consoles is the tuition fee to be good at RGH.

H

handsomepigeonzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's not for everyone, not for normal people.

You need good soldering iron/station, a lot of study and practice.

If you havent done console modding before and have no or little soldering experience, the chances you kill the console is very high, you might need to kill one or two before you can do it successfully (I killed one and a half when I tried several years ago.)

It seems 2 consoles is the tuition fee to be good at RGH.
I've ****ed up more than 2 consoles :/

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Then use your messed up consoles to practice on until you can make good connections the first time . It's when u have to keep reheating a certain point that stuff starts going horribly wrong !

zeekiel

zeekiel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Only ones I find issues with are usually corona but only time I screwed up systems is rushing them from.not paying attention (lucky me always been personal for resell rather a customers. One key note is keep backups for a swap out if you ever get a finicky system.

SGCSam

SGCSam

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
The best way to get good at RGH, or rather soldering in general is to solder - it's very much a matter of feel and practice. IMO, there's no "good" way to solder, but there's plenty of bad ways (i.e. not using flux, overheating points, using bad solder).

Keep in mind that most tutorials you've seen are by people who have done tons of RGHs and mods before - it just comes with experience. I've killed 2 consoles before and it sucks, but I've modded way in excess of that now.

Best thing to do, and what I did was take a dead board and just solder onto it. Find all the pads and points that you can solder to, and experiment with your iron temperature, your method and find what works for you.

Best pieces of advice I can give? You can never have too much flux. Oh, and for god sake - don't use lead free solder. It's a nightmare to work with. Once I switched to leaded solder, it melted way easier, it flowed far more nicely and all in all just made the job so much simpler.

tl;dr Use lots of flux, leaded solder, and practice, practice, practice.

H

handsomepigeonzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The best way to get good at RGH, or rather soldering in general is to solder - it's very much a matter of feel and practice. IMO, there's no "good" way to solder, but there's plenty of bad ways (i.e. not using flux, overheating points, using bad solder).

Keep in mind that most tutorials you've seen are by people who have done tons of RGHs and mods before - it just comes with experience. I've killed 2 consoles before and it sucks, but I've modded way in excess of that now.

Best thing to do, and what I did was take a dead board and just solder onto it. Find all the pads and points that you can solder to, and experiment with your iron temperature, your method and find what works for you.

Best pieces of advice I can give? You can never have too much flux. Oh, and for god sake - don't use lead free solder. It's a nightmare to work with. Once I switched to leaded solder, it melted way easier, it flowed far more nicely and all in all just made the job so much simpler.

tl;dr Use lots of flux, leaded solder, and practice, practice, practice.

Thanks for the tips. You're right, it does all come down to practice and experience. Well I'm not short of dead boards :tongue: so yeah I'll practice on them.

Top Bottom
Login
Register