What's new

Solved Is it hard to make money off a JTAG/RGH?

Jetirk

Jetirk

I <3 Based God
Reaction score
Sin$
Is it hard to make money off a JTAG/RGH? Can you host recovery / lobbies easily?

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Is it hard to make money off a JTAG/RGH? Can you host recovery / lobbies easily?
Here's what I tell everyone who wants to get into modding. Most people nowadays buy a console and they think it will be easy to make money. I always tell people that if they want to make money, and that's their purpose for getting into modding, to NOT do it. If you want to use your console for everything it can possibly do, whether you make money or not, then I'd say go for it.

Is it easy to make money? I would say it is not. Sure, over the past few months, I have made about 5 grand from modding. However, it was not easy. There were no recovery spots open on this site for me to use, so I would just host free lobbies on my own off-site and then receive orders for recoveries. After a bit, I formed a partnership with one person I barely knew and we had a Halo 3 service. From there, I was able to buy a Black Ops spot. All this time, I wanted to make my own connections to a private stealth server and a KV dealer that I could trust, not to mention other contacts to give me private tools that no one else had. For some people who already have connections or knowledge of coding, the road may be easier, but it was not easy for me.

It may sound like all I do with my RGH's or JTAG is try to make money, but that's far from the truth. The majority of my time is spent testing mods that look interesting to me or building my game collection. For example, just last night I spent a couple hours messing around with spawning AI into Halo 3 and Halo Reach. Also, my library of jsut 360 games that I never touched a disc for is closing in on 200

Raw

Raw

Misunderstood
Mythical Veteran Programmer Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Here's what I tell everyone who wants to get into modding. Most people nowadays buy a console and they think it will be easy to make money. I always tell people that if they want to make money, and that's their purpose for getting into modding, to NOT do it. If you want to use your console for everything it can possibly do, whether you make money or not, then I'd say go for it.

Is it easy to make money? I would say it is not. Sure, over the past few months, I have made about 5 grand from modding. However, it was not easy. There were no recovery spots open on this site for me to use, so I would just host free lobbies on my own off-site and then receive orders for recoveries. After a bit, I formed a partnership with one person I barely knew and we had a Halo 3 service. From there, I was able to buy a Black Ops spot. All this time, I wanted to make my own connections to a private stealth server and a KV dealer that I could trust, not to mention other contacts to give me private tools that no one else had. For some people who already have connections or knowledge of coding, the road may be easier, but it was not easy for me.

It may sound like all I do with my RGH's or JTAG is try to make money, but that's far from the truth. The majority of my time is spent testing mods that look interesting to me or building my game collection. For example, just last night I spent a couple hours messing around with spawning AI into Halo 3 and Halo Reach. Also, my library of jsut 360 games that I never touched a disc for is closing in on 200
Totally agree with you Atlas Atlas , is not easy to gain money modding. You first have to know what you doing. Most people just get it because they think is easy making money. If you serious on buying one at least study it. I mainly use it to download games and play offline. Before you buy one remember you have to pay for online and to unban your console.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
^^^
On top of this you have to have patience.
The best is when you have 30-40 people ordering mods from you each day and they all expect to be taken care of instantly. When that does not happen they start sending angry messages asking about their money and whatnot. Silliness sometimes, but fun!

Vape

Vape

Dan The Man
Reaction score
Sin$

I bought mine so I could mod games like MW3, and mw2.. Of course i'll do bo2 and such but I didn't buy it to make money to be honest :smile: I bought it so for the people that can't get free lobbies will get them :tongue: The money part seems selfish to me.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I bought mine so I could mod games like MW3, and mw2.. Of course i'll do bo2 and such but I didn't buy it to make money to be honest :smile: I bought it so for the people that can't get free lobbies will get them :tongue: The money part seems selfish to me.
Very nice, man! I think the money thing isn't selfish. It's all supply and demand. Don't get me wrong though, I've done plenty of time doing free modding services on WaW and on MW2. My partner and I on MW2 have a thread with over 100,000 views, so I know we helped a lot of people for free. As far as the rest goes with recoveries, I'd call it just making some cash back from putting money into stealth and kv's.

Vape

Vape

Dan The Man
Reaction score
Sin$
Very nice, man! I think the money thing isn't selfish. It's all supply and demand. Don't get me wrong though, I've done plenty of time doing free modding services on WaW and on MW2. My partner and I on MW2 have a thread with over 100,000 views, so I know we helped a lot of people for free. As far as the rest goes with recoveries, I'd call it just making some cash back from putting money into stealth and kv's.
100% Agreed. Donations are different though, if someone donates, then i'll be able to get a new kv if needed. As i'm aware you're allowed to ask for donations as long as you support premium? But yeah, I find modding fun, not necessarily for money.

A

Arrowhead_ RGH

Reaction score
Sin$
I bought a RGH console, ive been looking at it for a while, it should be here in a few weeks. I bought it for a few reasons, to stuff around with friends and have some fun, and to make youtube videos. I have had the thought that i could someday be getting payed/donated to for hosting lobbies for people. I really enjoy reading things like this I already love the modding community.

Jetirk

Jetirk

I <3 Based God
Reaction score
Sin$
I bought a RGH console, ive been looking at it for a while, it should be here in a few weeks. I bought it for a few reasons, to stuff around with friends and have some fun, and to make youtube videos. I have had the thought that i could someday be getting payed/donated to for hosting lobbies for people. I really enjoy reading things like this I already love the modding community.
Lol should've made it yourself

IrenePayne

IrenePayne

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't have titanic patience. So, I just started taking online surveys for money, which seemed to be the most efficient way to earn easy money. Have you tried this method? My friend suggested I use yourmoneygeek and find all necessary info there regarding taking online surveys for money, however I'm not actually sure that I had chosen the most suitable company for me, wanna try and others describe there. Has anyone tried any of them? Can you suggest anything?

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register