What's new

Solved Is it hard to change the PS4 HDD like XBOX?

J

Jaykae

B*tch please.
Reaction score
Is it hard to change the PS4 HDD like XBOX? My PS4 only has a 500GB HDD and it's already full :frown: is it easy to change the HDD or really hard like XBOX?
What size is the max supported by the Internal HDD on the PS4?

Cheers! :wink:

S

Skepta

Microphone Champion
Super Moderators
Reaction score
Is it hard to change the PS4 HDD like XBOX? My PS4 only has a 500GB HDD and it's already full :frown: is it easy to change the HDD or really hard like XBOX?

Can you not just get an external one if you are worried about going inside it?

C

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score

It’s actually really easy. All you have to do is simply put your hand on the left cover of the PS4 and slide it to the left and it’ll come off revealing the HDD. From there you unscrew one or two screws and you’re able to remove the HDD. The PS4 has added support up to 4TB internally back on version 3.50 so I could imagine that it’s more now but you need to make sure the HDD isn’t thicker than 9.5mm so be sure to check the dimensions of a drive before purchasing it.

Last edited:
J

Jaykae

B*tch please.
Reaction score
Can you not just get an external one if you are worried about going inside it?
I could and it'll probably be cheaper but I've had quite a few break on me. not the actual HDD but the caddy they go into.

It’s actually really easy. All you have to do is simply put your hand on the left cover of the PS4 and slide it to the left and it’ll come off revealing the HDD. From there you unscrew one or two screws and you’re able to remove the HDD. The PS4 has added support up to 4TB internally back on version 3.50 so I could imagine that it’s more now but you need to make sure the HDD isn’t thicker than 9.5mm so be sure to check the dimensions of a drive before purchasing it.
Oh, does that apply to the Slim PS4 too or just the phat one?

It's a 2.5" drive, right? in the PS4/PS4 Slim/PS4 Pro?

This'll work, right C Cali :

https://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecial...+7mm+Internal+Hard+drive/HDD+?productId=69142

Last edited:
C

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
I could and it'll probably be cheaper but I've had quite a few break on me. not the actual HDD but the caddy they go into.

Oh, does that apply to the Slim PS4 too or just the phat one?

It's a 2.5" drive, right? in the PS4/PS4 Slim/PS4 Pro?

This'll work, right C Cali :

https://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/Seagate+2TB+Guardian+BarraCuda+7mm+Internal+Hard+drive/HDD+?productId=69142
For the slim, the HDD is located in the back left. If you look at it you’ll see the piece that comes off. Simply apply a little bit of pressure and slide it off. Then you have to unscrew one screw. To pull the HDD you’ll notice a ribbon, gently pull on the ribbon and it’ll pull out the HDD ( the ribbon is attached to it so you don’t have to worry about breaking the ribbon ). After the HDD is out you have to unscrew the four screws holding the HDD in place.

Also, that drive will work.

J

Jaykae

B*tch please.
Reaction score
For the slim, the HDD is located in the back left. If you look at it you’ll see the piece that comes off. Simply apply a little bit of pressure and slide it off. Then you have to unscrew one screw. To pull the HDD you’ll notice a ribbon, gently pull on the ribbon and it’ll pull out the HDD ( the ribbon is attached to it so you don’t have to worry about breaking the ribbon ). After the HDD is out you have to unscrew the four screws holding the HDD in place.

Also, that drive will work.
Thanks bro! You're a star. :biggrin:

Top Bottom