What's new

Solved Is DVD Flashing possible anymore?

A

abishur

Reaction score
I was trying to figure out how to flash my Lite-on DVD player in a Phat xbox 360 and from what I can tell, the answer is I can't. I have a newer Windows 10 laptop, so I can't get a PCMCIA sata card to make use of the VIA 6421 chipset devices that work with the drives. I can't find anyone selling the X360USB pro (correction, there is an amazon link but the want almost two hundred so that's really not a viable solution). I don't have an old desktop computer lying around. My laptop does have some eSata ports, but I don't believe that will be sufficient from what I've read.

Am I correct in stating that the ability to flash these xbox drives is all but gone now? Is there a thread on the forum where people can get on a list to pass around a X360USB Pro?

N

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
I was trying to figure out how to flash my Lite-on DVD player in a Phat xbox 360 and from what I can tell, the answer is I can't. I have a newer Windows 10 laptop, so I can't get a PCMCIA sata card to make use of the VIA 6421 chipset devices that work with the drives. I can't find anyone selling the X360USB pro (correction, there is an amazon link but the want almost two hundred so that's really not a viable solution). I don't have an old desktop computer lying around. My laptop does have some eSata ports, but I don't believe that will be sufficient from what I've read.

Am I correct in stating that the ability to flash these xbox drives is all but gone now? Is there a thread on the forum where people can get on a list to pass around a X360USB Pro?
Most people do free drive flashing.
It's a much better idea to send it to someone for free, then waste the money on a X360USB Pro v2.

A

AWTalklol

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill do it for free if you pay shipping. :smile:

F

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
Plenty of people will do it free. If you want even better modification you can pay someone a small amount of money to RGH your console instead.

Top Bottom