CS:GO Is csgo dead?

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike' started by Slice, Jan 10, 2019 with 5 replies and 511 views.

1. Slice

Slice 11

Ratings:
    Do you guys think the game is dead? In my opinion the trade killing update ruined it for me as i loved trading.

2. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke retired boah. Retired

Ratings:
    Apparently so lol :roflmao: Or maybe just this section is. If I end up getting into the game at some point down the line I'll probably be posting in here asking questions and sh*t so maybe that will change the inactivity - to a degree at least.

Anyhow, from an outside perspective it sort of does seem like the popularity of this game has shrunk. Again, outside perspective but that's just what I've seen. Not really many people streaming it or talking about it in regular circles from what I can recall lately.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kenkazyy

kenkazyy Newbie

Ratings:
    Yeee, i think csgo is more dead than minecraft

4. grunge

grunge Newbie

Ratings:
    i mean, the game in general is doin pretty well, trading isnt as easy but wouldnt really say its dead

5. Vegeta

Vegeta 宇宙のマスター

Ratings:
    Really? lol wow

6. Dini

Dini merged Retired

Ratings:
    CSGO was actually growing back up for a while now, definitely a lot more than what it used to be back when pubg dropped.

https://steamcharts.com/app/730

When pubg was popping csgo only had like peak of 300k and active count 150k or so, right now as I post this 500k are playing when this is the same time 100-150k were playing year or two ago. Trading and skin gambling dead? Yes for sure. The game? No. Though some have different opinions on dead and not dead. An example of a dead game would be H1Z1 lol.