What's new

Discussion Is being competitive/worrying about your stats wrong?

• Thread starter Night
  • Start date
  • Views 524

Is being competitive/worrying about your stats wrong?

• Total voters
Night

Night

Retired Unofficial Article Riter
Reaction score
Or should it be up to the player? For whatever answer you choose, let me know why. I personally think stat whoring/being "overly" competitive is fine. If it means you're having fun, who cares? Keep in mind though, there is a difference between stat whoring, and not going for objectives in games like Dom and Search.

Thought I'd clear that up lol.

TheJokerX47

Microsuck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, it's your prerogative to be competitive or not.

Tricky

Tricky

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
Mythical Veteran Grammar Nazi Diamonds Are Forever
Reaction score
You should have put your title, or put it in your op as: Is there a difference between Competitive Players and Stat Whores?

Night

Night

Reaction score
You should have put your title, or put it in your op as: Is there a difference between Competitive Players and Stat Whores?

I decided to do a general thread instead of making a specific one for what we were arguing about lol

Tricky

Tricky

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
Mythical Veteran Grammar Nazi Diamonds Are Forever
Reaction score
I decided to do a general thread instead of making a specific one for what we were arguing about lol
We was just debating. And what you have said, is kind of a rhetorical question. Obviously, it is up to the player and is not wrong. You should be more specific.

Night

Night

Reaction score
We was just debating. And what you have said, is kind of a rhetorical question. Obviously, it is up to the player and is not wrong. You should be more specific.

Not really rhetorical at all. There is no obvious answer, and I legitimately want responses from people. I've been meaning to post this for ages, and our conversation reminded me. Lots of people on this forum complain about stat whores and competitive players. Will be editing the post though.

Miticus

Miticus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing is wrong with it. If the player wants to be obsessive about his/her stats then it's their right to be as they paid $60 for their game.

Boo 7s

Itz Boo

All Powerful
Greeter Reporter Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
As long as they don't sit in our spawn in snd when I'm trying to win I don't give a f***

CiniqL

Reecey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing is wrong with it. If the player wants to be obsessive about his/her stats then it's their right to be as they paid $60 for their game.
Actually £40 :troll:

Sneaky Duck

CodXbox

Sneakiest Member
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
It's a game, there to be enjoyed by each individual however they choose to play!

Bar Starred

Bar Starred

Contributor
Grammar Nazi Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
What about Objective based stat-whoring like Dom caps+defs, SnD/Demo plant+def etc o.O

I'm not really a stat whore, but I try to do my best in any gamemode, whether trying to go equal/positive on TDM.KC, or trying to cap and hold as many flags as possible in domination, not really worrying about my K/D too much, not that I do that anyway, I just look at it, that if i go positive, it's good, if no, so be it. It's actually quite satisfying playing a dom match, and having a score of 4500 with like 18 kills, whooping my teammates with 60.

TheJokerX47

Microsuck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The people who complain about statwhores are usually the ones with ****** stats.

Alex

Alex

chazbae
Retired
Frame In Gold Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Everyone is competitive at some point or another. Keeping your stats nice is up to the player. I like to have a KD above 2 but my neighbours son plays FFA on my account when I am working so it is below 2. At the end of the day there is only so much stats can show someone.

TheRoyoBoyo

royoboyo007

Trust Worthy
Reaction score
its not wrong but usually people that are stat competiteve are egos just saying no hatin

Fox McCloud

Fox McCloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes = try hard
No = try harder

Miticus

Miticus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone could have the shitiest stats in the world but if you wanna turn up your game you'll play as if you have a 2+ kd. (Unless of course the person naturally sucks.)

FrazzleFrazer

FrazzleFrazer

HOLD THE DOOR
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
It's hard not to be competitive when playing against other people. But it does depend on what you care about I don't like people who camp out for high KDs and then leave when they start to lose its just sad and annoying when you check the leaderboards see a high KD and think you might have a good challenge on your hands but you don't:frown:

Go Easy Jerk

jeremydesa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People who join dom and swag out when their k/d's are high annoy me.. but when so many million people play this game there are bound to be some losers.

NAVYDUDE

xtremeone1998

Iacceptdonations.com
Reaction score
There is absolutely nothing wrong with watching stats. I hate when people use the term stat whore. Really I think more people would have a better time just sitting at the main menu. I posted a topic about people who complain. Its is mind boggling that people play a FPS and then cry about getting shot. If a weapon is over powered then use it.QUIT b****ING about it. Stats where put in the game if you don't care don't look. If you do worry about your stats and leave everyone else alone. I enjoy playing for the most part but generally have to keep my chat volume turned down due to poor sports. Its OK to suck at a game as long as your having fun.Its OK to be good and have but leave the b****ing at the door.

Top Bottom