What's new

Discussion Is anybody familiar with this computer

P

PAC-MAN

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
The computer, Compaq Presario F500, has a few problems with it, and I wanted to know if it was possible to fix it.

1. The battery is garbage. it will last up to half an hour, and I know that it shouldn't last that long, but far more. This happens even when I put on Life Saver mode.

2. It runs really slow for like the first 5 minutes. I was reading earlier that it was because it was running Vista, and not Windows 7. Is there a way to get Windows 7 free, without using a disc?

3. The disc Drive simply doesn't work. I put in the disc, and it doesn't do anything, then I go to "My Computer" and it doesn't read any discs at all.

Thats about it. What should I do?

Operating System
  1. Windows
itsatacoshop247

itsatacoshop247

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
1. How old is it, it may just be an old battery. Also if you always have it plugged in instead of letting it have draining cycles it dies fast.
2. If you had 7S premium im sure someone would help, the only other way i know is a torrent which most likely wont work
3.The laser that reads it may be messed up. Does the disc spin at all?

P

PAC-MAN

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
1. How old is it, it may just be an old battery. Also if you always have it plugged in instead of letting it have draining cycles it dies fast.
2. If you had 7S premium im sure someone would help, the only other way i know is a torrent which most likely wont work
3.The laser that reads it may be messed up. Does the disc spin at all?

1. The computer is from 2007
2. I try to get premium, but the surveys never finish, they just either link me to another page, or downloads a potential virus
3. I cant tell if the disc spins, its a laptop

itsatacoshop247

itsatacoshop247

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
1. The computer is from 2007
2. I try to get premium, but the surveys never finish, they just either link me to another page, or downloads a potential virus
3. I cant tell if the disc spins, its a laptop

1. Might be just be losing charge cause its 3 years old.
2. yeah that doesnt seem to be working for anyone
3. I dunno, i can hear it start spinning so to see that the computer knows theres a disc in there even if it doesnt read it.

P

PAC-MAN

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
1. Might be just be losing charge cause its 3 years old.
2. yeah that doesnt seem to be working for anyone
3. I dunno, i can hear it start spinning so to see that the computer knows theres a disc in there even if it doesnt read it.

1. I might just buy a battery if I can get one for less than $50 (hopefully)
2. I would pay for premium, but $10 a month is expensive, maybe $5. Actually, I have $10 in my paypal, and ive been having a lot of problems in the last few days lol
3. I will check as soon as it turns on, and thats whenever i feel like clicking that button

itsatacoshop247

itsatacoshop247

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
1. I might just buy a battery if I can get one for less than $50 (hopefully)
2. I would pay for premium, but $10 a month is expensive, maybe $5. Actually, I have $10 in my paypal, and ive been having a lot of problems in the last few days lol
3. I will check as soon as it turns on, and thats whenever i feel like clicking that button

I bought my sister a new battery for her mac and it was freaking $100. Premium is totally worth it as far as i see. i was supposed to get a $50 visa card from the laptop i just got but it hasnt come. And clicking buttons is sooooooo hard :tongue:

P

PAC-MAN

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I bought my sister a new battery for her mac and it was freaking $100. Premium is totally worth it as far as i see. i was supposed to get a $50 visa card from the laptop i just got but it hasnt come. And clicking buttons is sooooooo hard :tongue:

FINALLY, SOMEONE KNOWS HOW HARD IT IS TO PUSS A BUTTON :wink:

itsatacoshop247

itsatacoshop247

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
FINALLY, SOMEONE KNOWS HOW HARD IT IS TO PUSS A BUTTON :wink:

GOD I KNOW this should really move to a PM lol. i want to put on some headgear thing and my computer does what i think so that i dont have to press any buttons.

iProScopes

iProScopes

Contributor
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
The computer, Compaq Presario F500, has a few problems with it, and I wanted to know if it was possible to fix it.

1. The battery is garbage. it will last up to half an hour, and I know that it shouldn't last that long, but far more. This happens even when I put on Life Saver mode.

2. It runs really slow for like the first 5 minutes. I was reading earlier that it was because it was running Vista, and not Windows 7. Is there a way to get Windows 7 free, without using a disc?

3. The disc Drive simply doesn't work. I put in the disc, and it doesn't do anything, then I go to "My Computer" and it doesn't read any discs at all.

Thats about it. What should I do?

1. Replace battery
2. Find a torrent for it
3. Check the disc drive model as you may need a new one.

F

FtK Shadow

Retired Super Mod
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
1. Replace battery
2. Repair your start-up items.
3. Repair your registry error causing the issue.

I can fix 2 and 3 for you if you like through remote support. PM me if you want.

Top Bottom
Login
Register