• Thread starter goss34
  • Start date
  • Views 765
goss34

goss34

Shodan's Insect
Reaction score
Sin$
So, recently after installing a GIGABYTE GeForce GTX750 OC (GV-N750OC-2GI) graphics card I have encountered a BSOD that entails IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. After using a error analyzer, it found out that KeAcquireSpinLockAtDpcLevel was below DISPATCH_LEVEL. I don't know what that means at all. I have also tried installing the latest NVIDIA drivers with no luck. Even running without the NVIDIA drivers seems to eventually crash the system. At the moment Safe Mode is my only way of working around things. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate with 8 gigs of RAM on a MSI-Z77A-G41 motherboard. Intel i3 3240 at 3.4Ghz. Please help, I'm desperate.

Monopolyman

Monopolyman

PC Gamer and Tech Enthusiast
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Tutorial Creator Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
The error analyzer is basically already telling you what the BSOD did. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is telling you an IRQL is less than what it should be. KeAcquireSpinLockAtDpcLevel should only be run with an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL, but for some reason the IRQL on this spin lock is lower than that.

If this just started after the new GPU and nothing else, it's safe to assume that the issue is related to the GPU. I would first try uninstalling your anti-virus because based on some Google results it seems that can occasionally cause an issue. Next I would try removing the current drivers you are installing with DDU and installing older drivers that are known to be stable. If that still doesn't work, it's probably best to use verifier to check for driver errors.

To use verifier:

1. Press windows key + R and run "verifier.exe"

2. Create custom settings.

3. Check everything except "DDI compliance checking and randomized low resource simulation", "Systematic Low Resource Simulation", and "Force Pending I/O Request"

4. Keep clicking next until you see the option to select drivers from a list.

5. Select drivers from a list and select all the drivers.

6. Click finish and reboot

7. The system should crash again

8. Boot into safe mode and type "verifier /reset" in a command prompt window

9. There is now a .dmp file in C:\Windows\Minidump. Download Windows debugging tools to analyze this file or post the file here and i can take a look at it.

goss34

goss34

Shodan's Insect
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, sorry for the very long reply, I eventually got it working. I couldn't log into my account since the Google API wasn't working.

Top Bottom
Login
Register