What's new

Question iPod Touch 2nd Gen Issues

Josh

Josh

Seasoned Member
Grizzled Veteran Forum Addict Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
So I got this iPod maybe 1 1/2 years ago and it was working fine until I un-jailbroke.. Ever since its been acting up. First - whenever I try to sync my apps and music, etc. it just stops halfway through and an error message pops up. Second - Lately the power button has been extremely difficult to work.. Well its easy to push down but the iPod won't recognize me pushing it I guess. And right now I pretty low on money and all because I've been buying a bunch of stuff lately soooo..... I need some help :/ More concerned about the power button then the syncing though... Thanks

Operating System
  1. iOS
The Grim Repper

The Grim Repper

Creator of EOTM
VIP
Retired
MotM Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So I got this iPod maybe 1 1/2 years ago and it was working fine until I un-jailbroke.. Ever since its been acting up. First - whenever I try to sync my apps and music, etc. it just stops halfway through and an error message pops up. Second - Lately the power button has been extremely difficult to work.. Well its easy to push down but the iPod won't recognize me pushing it I guess. And right now I pretty low on money and all because I've been buying a bunch of stuff lately soooo..... I need some help :/ More concerned about the power button then the syncing though... Thanks
You could try restoring it to factory defaults, but DON'T set it up as a backup of your old one. Set it up as a new device and put whatever apps, music, etc. onto it. Or if not that, you could go into DFU mode and restore a previous version of the firmware BY CLICKING HERE. There are plenty of tutorials on how to do this. Hope I was of assistance to you.

Clepto

Clepto

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
The power button...is probably just from it being 1 1/2 years old. I mean mines only like 1/2 a year old, and it's starting to get pretty bad. As for the syncing, it could be your chord, but it's most likely not. Not too sure on the syncing. Although I am 99.99% about the power button.

Josh

Josh

Seasoned Member
Grizzled Veteran Forum Addict Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
You could try restoring it to factory defaults, but DON'T set it up as a backup of your old one. Set it up as a new device and put whatever apps, music, etc. onto it.  Or if not that, you could go into DFU mode and restore a previous version of the firmware BY CLICKING HERE. There are plenty of tutorials on how to do this. Hope I was of assistance to you.

ive done all of that! :frown:

S

stylishjm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Open it up, replace the power button circuit. The small "button" on the circuit will eventually wear away so its best to replace. Costs you around $5 for parts. Be careful not to crack the screen when opening it up.

Top Bottom
Login
Register