What's new

Ipod not showing up on itunes.

Serkiee

JakeTheDog

There's a time and place for everything.
Grizzled Veteran Tutorial Creator Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
I have an ipod touch 4th gen on a tethered ios 6.0.1 jailbreak with sn0wbreeze. My ipod went flat so I charged it. It's been charging for about an hour now and it won't turn on it just shows the red battery charging. I tried to boot tethered and put it in DFU and it won't work. It doesn't show up on itunes either. Any help?

Alec_Swag62

Alec_Swag62

Reaction score
Wait another hour or so (until the battery has at least a bit of charge). Booting into tethered mode again/putting it in DFU mode won't do anything as the battery is probably at such a low level. My advice would be to wait a little until it is a bit more charged (charge through a power-point, not USB to computer, the extra power will speed the process), then try to boot up the device. If it still isn't booting up, or is showing something else, then you have the option to boot the device into DFU mode. The best way for doing this to a device that isn't booting up straight away, is to hold both the power and home buttons for about 10 seconds. PM me if you are having any further troubles, as I would be happy to help :smile:

Serkiee

JakeTheDog

There's a time and place for everything.
Grizzled Veteran Tutorial Creator Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Wait another hour or so (until the battery has at least a bit of charge). Booting into tethered mode again/putting it in DFU mode won't do anything as the battery is probably at such a low level. My advice would be to wait a little until it is a bit more charged (charge through a power-point, not USB to computer, the extra power will speed the process), then try to boot up the device. If it still isn't booting up, or is showing something else, then you have the option to boot the device into DFU mode. The best way for doing this to a device that isn't booting up straight away, is to hold both the power and home buttons for about 10 seconds. PM me if you are having any further troubles, as I would be happy to help :smile:

ill try now