• Start date
  • Views 366
Ansem

Ansem

♔ Kingdom Hearts ♔
Grizzled Veteran Free Hoster Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Well my last iPod just came out of the wash yesterday, with a little water damage and no longer works. I was looking to upgrade anyway, but now i don't really have a choice. I've been music less for a day now and i already can't take it. What iPod should i get? I'm stuck between the 4th and 5th generations of the touch.

There's really so many pros and cons of each. I am going to start off by saying I WANT TO BE ABLE TO JAILBREAK IT. I've seen some good tuts on the 4th gen, but none supporting the 5th gen. Is it even possible? If it isn't now will it be in the future? How long will it take?

Besides that ill just say the other things that stick out in my mind about each iPod. Okay so with the 5th gen you get a 1080p camera (compared to the 720p of the 4th gen). I watched several videos comparing both iPods, and the 5th gen won the speed test almost every time. It wasn't drastic but those seconds add up. A BIG thing for me is the size. I don't know if i like how big the 5th generation is. I haven't really held one, your probably going to suggest picking one up and seeing how it feels and once i get the chance i will.

Okay so based on all of that what do you think i should do?

Thanks for reading (if you read it all)

Josef Stalin

Josef Stalin

Retired
Retired
MotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
You are correct that you cannot jailbreak the iPod touch 5 yet and like most jailbreaks, there is no release date nor have I seem any breakthroughs in ios6/iPod touch 5.

If you want a for sure jailbreak get another iPod touch 4 and make sure it is model with the exploit that allows for it to alway be able to have tethered jailbreak (google it)

If I was to have a choice in between them I'd get an iPod touch 5 because faster processor, better camera and the larger screen which I'd enjoy more than jailbroken iPod touch 4 but that's just me.

There's obviously going to be another jailbreak eventually but it could take many months and if you're fine waiting for it get iPod touch 5

Ansem

Ansem

♔ Kingdom Hearts ♔
Reaction score
Sin$
You are correct that you cannot jailbreak the iPod touch 5 yet and like most jailbreaks, there is no release date nor have I seem any breakthroughs in ios6/iPod touch 5.

If you want a for sure jailbreak get another iPod touch 4 and make sure it is model with the exploit that allows for it to alway be able to have tethered jailbreak (google it)

If I was to have a choice in between them I'd get an iPod touch 5 because faster processor, better camera and the larger screen which I'd enjoy more than jailbroken iPod touch 4 but that's just me.

There's obviously going to be another jailbreak eventually but it could take many months and if you're fine waiting for it get iPod touch 5

Yeah i mean i guess jailbreaking isn't that big of a deal, and it only a matter of time before they bypass the security. The iPod 5 is looking pretty good right now

TheyCallMeNemo

TheyCallMeDeus

Getting There
Bright Idea Jokester Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
You have to consider this, is getting a minimal amount of extra customization and possibly the ability to steal apps from hard working developers worth getting a device that is half as good for 2/3 the price? Also my iPhone 5 actually feels smaller than my iPhone 4 because it is so thin, and the iPod 5th Generation is even thinner than the iPhone 5 so it might actually feel smaller than the original

Ansem

Ansem

♔ Kingdom Hearts ♔
Reaction score
Sin$
You have to consider this, is getting a minimal amount of extra customization and possibly the ability to steal apps from hard working developers worth getting a device that is half as good for 2/3 the price? Also my iPhone 5 actually feels smaller than my iPhone 4 because it is so thin, and the iPod 5th Generation is even thinner than the iPhone 5 so it might actually feel smaller than the original

You can do allot more with a jailbroken ipod then just get free games

TheyCallMeNemo

TheyCallMeDeus

Getting There
Bright Idea Jokester Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
You can do allot more with a jailbroken ipod then just get free games
You really can't do much... it doesn't have very much ram (1/4 of the amount of the new iPad) and it has no data or calling abilities, most people with jailbroken iPods just use them to steal music and apps...

Top Bottom
Login
Register