1. Data Breach Warning!

In case you aren't aware, there has been an extremely large data breach of emails and passwords posted online! This is just a warning to check and ensure that all of your personal accounts are secure and for you to update passwords where necessary!

You can check your emails and passwords here to see if they are apart of the dump, but we would recommend updating passwords as a precaution!

Please also ensure that Two-Step Verification is enabled on your account(s)! You can add it to your Se7enSins account here!
    Dismiss Notice

iPhone.

Discussion in 'iOS Support' started by odiumized, Feb 6, 2010 with 5 replies and 399 views.

1. odiumized

odiumized Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Just bought an iPhone last week, was wondering if its worth jailbreaking it? What are the pros and cons of jailbreaking? Is it risky? :mellow:

2. M2Pleasent

M2Pleasent Enthusiast

Ratings:
    its not risky , pro's-you can get any app for "free" Even 60 app like TomTom's if your going to jailbreak use these sites- blackweather [apps] http://www.warez-bb.org/ cons-use carnt turn your ipod/phone off otherwise you have to reboot again with blackra1n..... M2P

Extra [not ready yet tho] - greenpois0n - this also jailbreaking but is not quite ready yet, when finished they will have the jailbreak "correct" meaning that you can turn your ipod/phone off and can turn back no without rebooting.... M2P Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    odiumized

odiumized Enthusiast

Ratings:
    On and off, you're meaning, completely off, and powerless right? Or just the screen is off?

BTW: appreciate the reply :thumbup:

4. M2Pleasent

M2Pleasent Enthusiast

Ratings:
    you only have to reboot when the ipod/phone is completely powerless/or turned off by hand ....

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    odiumized

odiumized Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Just been reading up for a couple days, I read the bootrom makes it so its jail breakable or not.. Can anyone give me some help? I have the newest iPhone, just bought it 2 weeks ago. Its on 3.1.3 but I heard the model number has to do something with it being able to be jail broken? Any info is appreciated. :thumbup:

6. PhoLuM

PhoLuM Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Okay let me state few things here. First, it's only the iTouch that can't be powered completely off. The iPhone 3Gs can be on/off, what ever, and I'm 90% sure it goes for the rest of the iPhones. Second, i do not know this for a fact, but there is a Jailbreak called Snow Breeze and its SUPPOSE to jailbreak the 3Gs. I haven't attempted it yet, until i here more success stories. Hope that helped :wink: