iPhone.

Discussion in 'iOS Support' started by odiumized, Feb 6, 2010 with 5 replies and 347 views.

1. odiumized

odiumized Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Just bought an iPhone last week, was wondering if its worth jailbreaking it? What are the pros and cons of jailbreaking? Is it risky? :mellow:

2. M2Pleasent

M2Pleasent Enthusiast

Ratings:
    its not risky , pro's-you can get any app for "free" Even 60 app like TomTom's if your going to jailbreak use these sites- [Click here to view the link] [apps] [Click here to view the link] cons-use carnt turn your ipod/phone off otherwise you have to reboot again with blackra1n..... M2P

Extra [not ready yet tho] - [Click here to view the link] - this also jailbreaking but is not quite ready yet, when finished they will have the jailbreak "correct" meaning that you can turn your ipod/phone off and can turn back no without rebooting.... M2P Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    odiumized

odiumized Enthusiast

Ratings:
    On and off, you're meaning, completely off, and powerless right? Or just the screen is off?

BTW: appreciate the reply :thumbup:

4. M2Pleasent

M2Pleasent Enthusiast

Ratings:
    you only have to reboot when the ipod/phone is completely powerless/or turned off by hand ....

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    odiumized

odiumized Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Just been reading up for a couple days, I read the bootrom makes it so its jail breakable or not.. Can anyone give me some help? I have the newest iPhone, just bought it 2 weeks ago. Its on 3.1.3 but I heard the model number has to do something with it being able to be jail broken? Any info is appreciated. :thumbup:

6. PhoLuM

PhoLuM Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Okay let me state few things here. First, it's only the iTouch that can't be powered completely off. The iPhone 3Gs can be on/off, what ever, and I'm 90% sure it goes for the rest of the iPhones. Second, i do not know this for a fact, but there is a Jailbreak called Snow Breeze and its SUPPOSE to jailbreak the 3Gs. I haven't attempted it yet, until i here more success stories. Hope that helped :wink: