What's new

Solved IPhone X Weird Battery Issue

F

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
Okay guys so I have had an IPhone X a good while now but less than 6 months. I have had zero issues with this phone. I absolutely love it. But I am having a weird issue.

Recently, about two days ago I notice the battery keep jumping down to red low battery then straight back up to where it was. I haven’t noticed any issues but is my battery dying out?

A couple of things that may have anything to do with it I have started wireless charging my phone. Only once in awhile and I never leave it overnight or even close to passed fully charged. Though I have only used this feature a few times. I also had it in battery saver for a day or so as well because it auto turns on and I just ignore it. I haven’t used any funky chargers either.

Operating System
iOS
S

Snowy

Let it snow
Reaction score
Okay guys so I have had an IPhone X a good while now but less than 6 months. I have had zero issues with this phone. I absolutely love it. But I am having a weird issue.

Recently, about two days ago I notice the battery keep jumping down to red low battery then straight back up to where it was. I haven’t noticed any issues but is my battery dying out?

A couple of things that may have anything to do with it I have started wireless charging my phone. Only once in awhile and I never leave it overnight or even close to passed fully charged. Though I have only used this feature a few times. I also had it in battery saver for a day or so as well because it auto turns on and I just ignore it. I haven’t used any funky chargers either.
What iOS version are you on? And are you jailbroken at the moment? This sounds much more like a software issue than a hardware issue.

F

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
What iOS version are you on? And are you jailbroken at the moment? This sounds much more like a software issue than a hardware issue.
11.3.1 is the update I’m on

S

Snowy

Let it snow
Reaction score
11.3.1 is the update I’m on
Yeah, I'm experiencing quite a few bugs on 11.3.1 at the minute (ip7+), I would assume it is merely a software issue, the only thing I can recommend is updating to 11.4 or 12 beta, but then you would lose your 'jailbreakability'.

P

Pximal

Getting There
Reaction score
Mine was the exact same, after I started using wireless charging had mine since around November. I noticed it started playing up at the 5/6 month mark (last month) I then updated to 11.4 and it seemed a lot less jumpy/buggy, could be the wireless charging pad you bought or the software update, have you tried a hard restart? (Press up, then down on your volume buttons then hold the lock button till your devices restarts and you see the Apple logo) hope this information helps! If not I’d take it to Apple if you’ve not already done so.

Top Bottom