• Views 1,223
Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I’m going to be upgrading my current phone (6s) but should I get the iPhone X or iPhone 8 Plus ? I’ve been debating this for the past few days and can’t decide.

Vegeta

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Super Moderators
VIP
MotM Trifecta Diamonds Are Forever
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I’m in the same position and I’m going with the X. I tested both devices and the performance and specs are exactly the same on both devices. The main differences are the screens (size, bezels, resolution) however, the sole reason I’m going with the X is because its a new design and I felt like the 8 Plus looked the same as every other iPhone despite my belief that the back of the 8 Plus is gorgeous.

The cons for the X in my opinion are the Face ID, no hone button, and all the new gestures you need to learn. Thats about it but those are things that I dont think should be major factors when deciding between the two phones because the X is a learning curve and humans hate change.

Go for the X if you want a new, refreshing Apple product

Go for the 8 Plus if you want none of the new bullcrap and you want a simplistic button and fingerprint unlock system.

FAQ YIU

FAQ YIU

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
I got iPhone 5c and 6
I felt there was no need to move onto a even bigger waste of my time

I use WhatsApp to chat
and I'm great with my life choices

Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
The X is overpriced for what it is and there's not much difference from the 6s to the 8 plus IMO.

Giraffez

Giraffez

That's What They All Say
Retired
End of the Year 2017 Experienced Veteran Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Personally I'd go with the 8. iPhone X seems way too overpriced and face ID doesn't seem too reliable. It really depends on personal preference.

RexxiTu8

RexxiTu8

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
I actually went out and brought the iPhone 8 rather than the X I feel the iPhone X isn’t iPhone if you get where I’m coming from it feels like android from the face and the feel. It’s more like a galaxy s6-7-8!

Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I ended up getting the iPhone X, hopefully I don’t end up regretting it in the end. Only reason I got it is because I wanted something different. Getting used to no home button was easy and I’m honestly liking the swipe more than the home button. Hopefully they upgrade closing out apps because at the moment it kind of sucks, you have to swipe up and hold for about two seconds and then all the apps will show and then you have to hold on the app and hit a little delete button to close the apps. Other than that, I’m loving the phone. Coming from a 16GB iPhone 6s and upgrading to a 256GB model iPhone X, it’s pretty nice.

R

Rasner

Reaction score
Sin$
I’m going to be upgrading my current phone (6s) but should I get the iPhone X or iPhone 8 Plus ? I’ve been debating this for the past few days and can’t decide.
According to personal preference. now that you want to use an iPhone, it means that the price of your phone is not something to you ,
What's the difference between iPhone 8 and iPhone 8?Only people who used to know, but if you give special attention to the design of mobile phone, iPhone x enough is unique, there is no obvious differences between the iPhone 8 and iPhone x , after all, is all apple products, smooth switch operation, click here you can switch to Android phone, wide compatibility, but the iPhone x face unlock function I am very interested in

Last edited:
M

mrw55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I’m in the same position and I’m going with the X. I tested both devices and the performance and specs are exactly the same on both devices. The main differences are the screens (size, bezels, resolution) however, the sole reason I’m going with the X is because its a new design and I felt like the 8 Plus looked the same as every other iPhone despite my belief that the back of the 8 Plus is gorgeous.

The cons for the X in my opinion are the Face ID, no hone button, and all the new gestures you need to learn. Thats about it but those are things that I dont think should be major factors when deciding between the two phones because the X is a learning curve and humans hate change.

Go for the X if you want a new, refreshing Apple product

Go for the 8 Plus if you want none of the new bullcrap and you want a simplistic button and fingerprint unlock iPhone 13 system.
Hi all, I'm currently using iPhone 13. which needs to be unlocked to be used in Vietnam. Do you know any place in HCMC providing this service? Thank you!

Top Bottom
Login
Register