iPhone vs. Blackberry Bold

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Enigma x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay. I'm trying to decide on which to get. They will be the same price at roughly 299$. I have the LG Vu right now, so the touchscreen gets a little annoying, but I really do like the applications and music on the iPhone. I also love the browser too.

But I also really want the Bold, its big bulky and has a nice feeling keyboard. Big screen, nice display. Same monthly payments as the iPhone too. Everyone has the iPhone and I may want to be a little different but I still can't decide between the two.

The other problem is the iPhone needs to be activated and doesn't have the ATT sims card, so this may be a bit of a pain switching 200 numbers.

Any help? Thanks.

J

JoeMal

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Switching numbers is a pain, but that shouldn't be an influence on your decision

I really, really like the design and look of the BB Bold, however, the iPhone just ***** in SO many ways it's hard to vote against it

X

xXxDarkkillerxXx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Jail break the iPhone and make it your own if the want to be diffrent

Ibdc

Ibdc

VIP
VIP
Retired
Forum Addict MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
iPhone ftw.

To be honest, I don't see the point of these "iPhone vs x" threads, I mean the iPhone is so much better and can do so much more than any of these other phones. It's also the most customizable, and if you compare the apps available it's no contest, the iPhone wins. Oh and you can't forget that it's your iPod too.

H

hoss halo3 modder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ibdc said:
iPhone ftw.

To be honest, I don't see the point of these "iPhone vs x" threads, I mean the iPhone is so much better and can do so much more than any of these other phones. It's also the most customizable, and if you compare the apps available it's no contest, the iPhone wins. Oh and you can't forget that it's your iPod too.
I agree but H2O pete won't. lol

Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I love my iphone. Honestly ive seen more people with a black berry bold then a 32 gig iphone 3GS (the 299 version) so trust me you will still be unique.

Yes the on screen keyboard is a ***** to text on durring class compaired to my BB pearl but ive memorized the keyboard now and can get pretty good accuracy with it in my hoodie pocket

Navigating the internet on my pearl is such a pain in the *** when i had it one day (didnt want to break my iphone snowboarding) i just gave up after like 5 mins. where as the iphone i can easily do everything in half the time.

You can't compair the iphone to anythign the closest compeditor is the palm pre and that still makes you look retarded with that.

F

FRABAR

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't buy a phone just to 'be different'. I had a Google G1 for about a week then started regretting it, so I switched to the iPhone 3GS and I love it! There are so many things you can do on it that you wouldn't think possible.

E

Enigma x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Does the iPhone take a simscard? I don't want to lose my number if I get one. I already have ATT.

H

hoss halo3 modder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Enigma x said:
Does the iPhone take a simscard? I don't want to lose my number if I get one. I already have ATT.

yes it does!

E

Enigma x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
okay cool. and i saw another thread about it not having mms though? i played with the iphones at the store and didnt see a texting button so does it not have texting?

Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
yes it has SMS and it will have MMS in an update soon (you can actually do a hack that will let you mms now)

T

T Sizzles

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Comparing the iPhone and Bold is like apples and oranges. The Bold is pretty much an all-business no messing around device, while the iPhone is more of a consumer and small business device.

C

cacrawford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
agree with sizzles :smile:
if you want a phone that wont leave you bored in the end buy the iPhone
if you want a phone for business and being able to text in class a little bit faster buy the bold i guess, i miss my iphone so much, **** the pantech matrix :/

P

paul100

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, i too agree with sizzles..
The BlackBerry is the superior business device. The iPhone is much better as an entertainment device and surfing the general internet.

If you are purely a business user, the BlackBerry will probably suit you better. If you want to play the occassional game, the iPhone is probably the better device.
They are designed for different markets; so it really depends on what you want to do with it. :smile::thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register