Iphone firmware on Iphone clone

Discussion in 'Apple iOS' started by SgtKelley, Nov 21, 2008 with 12 replies and 11,660 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SgtKelley

SgtKelley Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hey i was wondering if there was a way to put the iphone firmware on the chinese iphone clone. i bought the phone from dhgate.com. here it is if you would like to look at it;

[Click here to view the link]

Anyways, it has all the logos on it, even the 16gb and 3G, as well as the apple logo (shiny and silver). Yet it has the china iphone (hiphone, sciphone, etc.) firmware on it and i would like to know whether or not it would be possible to put an iphone firmware on it and NOT brick the phone. I would try myself but i do not want to risk bricking the phone, so I would like to get a few opinions, or previous experience in doing this to see if it is possible. And if it is how would I go about doing this.. maybe a walkthrough or something would be nice. I've looked online for about 8 hours for my answer to this question but i can't find it anywhere. So i figure i would turn to you guys to help me out here as most of you would probably have more experience and knowledge as to if it is possible or how to do it.

Thanks,

SgtKelley

2. Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty Free Sosa #bangbang Premium

Ratings:
    If I where to guess its all the same firmware if its put out by apple.
    Its probably just the service providers/default language.

If it has something with the service providers then thats the baseband that needs to be cracked. Basically you need to wait for the soft unlock

you can put the phone back in english simply by going to the settings.

3. OP
    SgtKelley

SgtKelley Enthusiast

Ratings:
    The phones firmware is the china iphone clone firmware. not put out by apple. it is a replica, (i did call apple cuz it is copyright infringement to sell a phone labeled with the apple, and called the iphone, but is not the iphone. It is in english, but it is completely different software that looks similar to the iphones. it is unlocked, and i have t-mobile. I do use this phone and it works, just i would like to know if i could put an iphone firmware on it to replace the iphone clone firmware (not apple).

4. cacrawford

cacrawford Enthusiast

Ratings:
    what i would personaly try is:
    download the program Quickpwn
    go through those steps off of iphone-hacks.com
    jailbreak it and in that process it upgrades it to firmwware 2.2.28
    let me know if that works or if you have a question p/m me

-cacrawford

5. gilbartdonald

gilbartdonald Newbie

Ratings:
    Which part of the USB to use (gives potions) Mass storage, cam, ports etc.???
    Don

When you plug in usb a menu comes up:
    Mass Storage
    Cam
    Ports

6. sna pagpakyas

sna pagpakyas Newbie

Ratings:
  7. Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty Free Sosa #bangbang Premium

Ratings:
    Thats a HUGE bump but their is absolutely no way that it will be possible to do.

8. Polgara

Polgara Newbie

Ratings:
    Hey Srg Kelly,

Did that ever work for you???

9. iPHONEclone2

iPHONEclone2 Newbie

Ratings:
    Hey Sgt Kelley,

I am in the same boat as you are. I have an iPhone clone from china, it has the same thing when I plug it into the usb the massstorage, webcam, and com port, options. I too want to put Apple Iphone firmware onto it. Did you ever figure out how to do this? and is there anybody out there with more ideas because I want the same thing as SgtKelley. Thanks. You can e-mail me personally at: supervision2012@gmail.com

Hey SgtKelley.

I am in the same boat as you are. I too have an iPhone clone I got from china. It also shows the mass storage, web cam, and com port, options when I plug it into the usb. Did you ever figure out how to put firmware on it? and is there anybody out there who could also help me to do the same thing that SgtKelley wants? Thanks. You can e-mail me personaly at: supervision2012@gmail.com

10. hellangel

hellangel Newbie

Ratings:
    hey i want to no how to but the iphone firmware onto a clone can anyone help me or have any ideas it would be great contact me via this or msn : bryce_16_19_@hotmail.com:biggrin:

11. TomAlpha

TomAlpha Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You can't put the iPhone OS onto a cheap clone, buy the real thing dammit.

• Like Like x 2
  12. HiryuxK20

HiryuxK20 Newbie

Ratings:
    Yeah, no way would Apple's OS would work on the iclone

13. outlyingsuperset

outlyingsuperset That's Jimmy.

Ratings:
    What about JailBreakMe.com? I'm getting this phone tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.