Iphone dev team releases "semi-teathered" jailbreak

Discussion in 'Apple iOS' started by Forgoten Dynasty, Feb 11, 2009 with 7 replies and 934 views.

1. Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty Free Sosa #bangbang Premium

Ratings:
    The dev team has come up with a new method of jailbreaking where your ipod will have 2 copies of firmware on it a jailbroken one and an unjailbroken one if you are teathered to a computer you can boot your jailbroken firmware and if you are not teathered to a computer you can boot the normal firmware and boot your ipod like normal.

If you boot in to the normal firmware it will not affect your jailbroken apps at all and if you install a app off the app store it will be avaible on both.

It is avaible for download at the redsn0w website
    Code:
    http://www.redsn0w.com/index.html
    Please note that what i posted above is my understanding of what it is (not actually what it is) I still am not 100% how sure it works but here is the exact quote from muscle nerd

• Like Like x 1
  2. nickcas

nickcas Member

Ratings:
    It hasn't really been ported to windows yet, but when it is I'll try it out.

3. OP
    Forgoten Dynasty

Ratings:
    its been ported its just all manual like the tethered was at first. I personally havent tried it yet because i dont want to restore and loose my jailbroken apps :/
    Code:
    http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144041

4. Cpt_killem

Cpt_killem Newbie

Ratings:
    So, has anyone tried this yet?

5. OP
    Forgoten Dynasty

Ratings:
    it has its bugs because if you modify a file (such as mobile install) it will not allow you to boot the normal firmware but i havent really tested it im sure theres a way around it

6. ACooKiEXMoNsTaR

ACooKiEXMoNsTaR Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ya i wouldnt recomend dooing this. i did it and the "normal" firmware fells like just staying in recovery mode and has the picture of itunes and the usb cord under it and requires you to restore your firmware. its no diffrent than the original redsn0w so i would say dont waste your time dooing this and just go with the first redsn0w
    that and redsn0w is much easyer to do and alot less manual

if any one else had diffrent results than me please tell me how so i can figure out what i did wrong.

7. OP
    Forgoten Dynasty

Ratings:
    lol you did it wrong then

8. ACooKiEXMoNsTaR

ACooKiEXMoNsTaR Enthusiast

Ratings:
    lol but i dont no wat i did wrong tho i followed the tut on ipod touch fans exactly but o-well :?