What's new

Unsolved iPhone 6s keeps overheating ( help )

U

UMP45

XeX Sky
Reaction score
My iPhone keeps overheating everyone minute or so when I use it. It comes up with a temperature warning that the iPhone is to hot and needs to cool down. Any suggestions why this is happening?

Operating System
  1. iOS
J

Jaykae

B*tch please.
Reaction score
If it's under warranty, take it to an Apple store.
If not... your phone is becoming a toaster! :wink:

Good luck. :biggrin:

U

UMP45

XeX Sky
Reaction score
If it's under warranty, take it to an Apple store.
If not... your phone is becoming a toaster! :wink:

Good luck. :biggrin:
I went to an apple store today and they said that it might need to just be updated to the latest software

P

Pie

hotdog
Retired
Reaction score
I went to an apple store today and they said that it might need to just be updated to the latest software
wat no. The software can’t be the issue. If you’re leaving it indirect sunlight, or gaming a bunch. That would be the issue, but the other thing I can think of is your hardware is bad. If you’re jail broken, you could have a bad tweaks installed that is pushing on your hardware.

U

UMP45

XeX Sky
Reaction score
I don’t game on my phone and it’s not jail broken. My phone gets very hot around the camera and it’s gets to a point where I have to leave the phone in the fridge for a minute or so.
wat no. The software can’t be the issue. If you’re leaving it indirect sunlight, or gaming a bunch. That would be the issue, but the other thing I can think of is your hardware is bad. If you’re jail broken, you could have a bad tweaks installed that is pushing on your hardware.

V

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Reaction score
If you've dropped the phone in water, left it exposed in sunlight or heat for an extended period of time, or you drop your phone A LOT then its gonna be one of the following:

• Thermal Paste is dry/weak/has a break in structure
  • Wiring is chapped/damaged/frayed
  • Resinators or connectors are lose/not connected/barely hanging on
  • Screen is damaged and uses more battery life to power the screen thus creating a high temperature

I

iPhone 6 Plus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Putting it in the fridge does damage also.

H

H Y X

Create your creativity
Lifetime
Reaction score
Screen brightness can also sometimes affect the temperature of the phone.

Top Bottom